Monday, October 22, 2018

Monday Musings



Weight: 104.2 kg

It's going to be slow and I'm just going to have to be patient as I whittle off the weight that I put on last couple weeks. I don't know if it was a homemade pizza or a Mexican dinner that I stretched over three meals or movie popcorn and a half a box of milk duds, Dana my home health person says it's most likely all the above and I think she is right. However, I am down .2 kg, which is about 1 pound. I suspect. I'm in it to win it. I'm in for the long run. I just came in from sitting outside trying to read in what's left of a quickly dwindling Indian summer. The clouds are moving in with possible showers tonight and tomorrow. I am doggedly holding onto my short pants for as long as I can. I do wish summer would last for ever. Tomorrow I have my weekly meeting downtown, which I plan to attend rain or shine. I'm just glad I have some her that I have to be.

For some strange reason I have taken to reading beside my wheelchair van out of the back parking lot of my apartment complex. I like to be there during the Indian summer type days. Even though the sun may be not all that warm, having the sun reflect off the white van increases the warmth I feel. Plus, I think I like the fact that my van is there – – even though I do not drive it myself the van is still there it's a link to my past life. Is that strange? I would have no problem giving the van up for the right amount of money, but still, because because the van is there I feel comfortable I feel comfortable sitting beside it catching the heat often old friend.

These are Monday musings. I know. I really don't have a real focus today on something I can write 500 words on. Actually it's not completely true, I did have a thought while I was just beginning my arm bike workout. I flashed on an idea that I was quite intrigued with and felt that that would be the subject of the day. I conned myself into believing I would remember this subject when I was finished. I'm so dumb! When I learn seize the moment! I should've stopped un-gloved and either dictated or written down enough information that would allow me to go back and developed a thought,of course the topic is gone. I've been pondering this do in fact I only get one topic per day? And if I don't move on that when I receive the inspiration. I'm left out in the cold. Well I'm sad to say I think that's exactly the lesson that I'm being trained on. Seize the moment – – there's nothing more important than that thought at that moment and if I can stop what I'm doing and document the thought that's what I need and I'm going to do. Because now I have an addiction. I have to write every day, and I want to do the 500 words at least every day. Even if it's just a day of musings like today… Monday musings.



No comments: