Friday, October 05, 2018

Organically Yours



Last summer I got this great vacuum cleaner from this old cleaning shop across the street from my apartment complex. The place sold all kinds of cleaning supplies and items for vacuum cleaners. I don't remember the name of the place. In fact the place is no longer there. I had dropped in to see about getting some cleaning supplies for my apartment. When I went and to the store for the first time I was met by a female maybe just a little bit younger than me. She was one of the owners of the operation. She desperately outplace. She looked like a cross between the LDS really society president and a soccer mom. In fact she was just things. I found that her husband had some sort of progressive debilitating disease process. Her husband usually ran this part of the operation. However, his disability had worsened and now he was either at the hospital are in bed at home. The soccer mom was now running the operation. She looked bewildered, exhausted and confused.

A couple of weeks following my initial meeting with a lady I had returned because the vacuum cleaner that came with the divorce stopped operating. The machine's motor| still worked the| brush bar would no longer spin, the brush bar is that piece in the front of vacuum which beats the right and told the dirt into the dirt bag. The vacuum shop is in the same strip mall as it supermarket I use. So I dropped in to the vacuum shop one morning I was shopping to ask about possible problems with my vacuum.. In short the lady offered me a vacuum cleaner they had overhauled but it never returned to pick up. She sold me the machine for $25 it was a deal. We also talked about her husband and his progressive disability. I gave her some insights and some options to call and I figured all is good.

I noticed this summer the lady in the cleaning supply shop were no longer there. I'm sure the lady had had enough. She was not about to be a shopkeeper. I'm sure she was overwhelmed with her husband I sure hope they did okay one where the other. My cleaning lady couldn't make it yesterday. I decided I would vacuum this morning and really start cleaning up the place… I don't need no cleaning lady. Halfway through my vacuum of my bedroom I accidentallysucked up part of my cool weather vest, I got to pull string wrapped up in the brush far and did the vacuum cleaner turned off quick enough and I burned small elastic bands which connects the brush bar to the motor.

I called my brother to let him know I needed his help. Of course, the game over this evening and we had a great visit. He checked out my vacuum cleaner and found a broken belt. II was hoping the polygamist hardware store, across the street, would have what I needed. And of course the hardware store had a gazillion belts but none the right size for me. He's going to a vacuum cleaner shop tomorrow.I'm looking forward to a working vacuum cleaning up my unit.

I was so pleased with myself today, I started using the produce that any dropped off yesterday afternoon. I love the organic-ness of things grown in the garden, no sharp edges here anywhere. I really got into taking images of a particularly shapely red pepper. I used to cover tonight when I cook my steak (which I got last week at the food bank) what a treat. Now I patiently wait for my brother to return.




No comments: