Sunday, October 21, 2018

Sunday Frustration



I'm so frustrated. I just needed when I can't figure out technology. I mean, I'm not a real genius in the first place. I'd like to think that I was especially in the area of technology, but it's just not that way for me. Anyway, for the last couple of months. I don't know what the problem is with my bed, but often when I hit the mattress to go to bed at night I start hearing a clicking sound.

I can't remember, but I think I've written about my motorized bed before. This is the bed, Dianne got me when I was in the hospital actually when I set the rehab facility. This was the bed. I was going to use… Probably for the rest of my life. Anyway, it's not a bad be. The bed is totally motorized up function down function, raising the mattress plus I can raise the foot of the bed, as well as the head of the bed. If I did not have this piece of equipment. I could not live independently, as I am doing now. I think this bed is the next step in technology. It does not have motors as I remember on other hospital beds. I've seen from the old school. The actual mechanism that moves the mattress up and down are actually hydraulic pistons. Pretty interesting set up a lot less complicated than the old mechanical motors. However, as I've said, the past couple of weeks when I transferred in the bed and got situated on my side, how I usually sleep turn off my light, and then try to sleep I start hearing these snapping, clicking sounds. I've been at a loss in describing the sound however, when I described the sound to my health care professional/Dana. Dana described the sound as “settling” and that was exactly the sound I'm hearing. It's like a weight hits something that is being suspended and then that suspension process accepts the weight, but in doing so, there is some stress and that sounds like a clicking noise. Is that makes sense? I don't know how else to explain it. I almost forgot. I also get the sensation at times that the bed is sinking or is lowering itself.

As I said hydraulic pistons drive the bed. I'm wondering if these hydraulic pistons are wearing out. This is where I start diagnosing any problem that I trying to work out and develop all kinds of scenarios of what the problem might be. I think after a significant amount of times and I'm thinking seals on these hydraulic pistons might be wearing out. The clicking sound is something to do with the hydraulic not being as strong as it once was, and it sort of slipping. Like if I don't raise the top of the bed. There is no sound. So if I can learn to look sleep horizontal with no lift on my head up at all. I'm home free. But, there's something wrong. When I called them, manufacturer, I got hold of a guiding Cedric. Of course he didn't know what us talking about and like an idiot. I offered the idea that if he heard it, but that help but of course he said yes because that's going to buy him time. I'm going to have to figure out how to send them a copy of the recording of the sound. Guess what? I got a copy of the sound. I sleep with my cell phone. Anyway, in case of emergency. So when I woke up the other night and the bed was making the sound. I flipped on my cell phone in the video mode to record the sound is a video. I know there's a way just to record the sound as a recording, but I don't have that figured out yet. I figured that if I just did a video that would still present the sound even if I took just a video and there's nothing there to see, that's okay because it's dark. Anyway the middle of the night. Well actually, what happened was I started recording the video and then promptly fell asleep and I guess 59 minutes later, my cell phone shut itself off. Actually, the bed only made noises for about 18 minutes, then I guess equalized or whatever it does. The problem now is how do I chop the video up just 18 minutes or even less, but I need to send the guy at the electric bed manufacturing place. So, I figured I could just send the document to my big computer where I have video software I can edit the document up. But, of course, the file is 3 GB , and there's no way I can send that via email. I'm going to figure it out just to take time, but it sure is frustrating.

No comments: