Thursday, October 18, 2018

Kindred Spirits



Another Thursday! How quickly the weeks revolve and once again, it's Thursday, coffee group, today there is a Medicare awareness event, i.e. lunch at 12. Then it's off to bookclub around two or 3 PM and then home to watch my two regular Thursday night offerings Young Sheldon and The Big Bang Theory. And that's it for my Thursday. Granted, I must squeeze in a bus trip two actually. This will make for fairly busy day.

I actually verbalized an interesting thought. I have had at coffee group today sharing thought like this is kind of unique for me. But this morning on waking, I was pondering the idea of how cool it would be if Nora Ephron was still alive. I would've love to talk her into producing and directing the third film of the You've Got Mail and Sleepless In Seattle movies. Sadly, I don't know if anyone but the Efron sisters could do this, but kind of breaks my heart. But I'd like to see some kind of a mash up of the two movies for each one of the couples, of course, is going to die as they age and then somehow having these two get together to finish out there respective lives. Of course, you can only do this while Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan were still alive to give the whole thing true “credibility”. I would've just like the scene. What happened with each of their lives. So, what I'm really talking about could be more than one movie could be to three or four movies depending on how one was to sculpt them.

I think what got me going on this thought process (aside from the thought that I have always got my mind on the two movies by Hanks and Ryan), but an NPR article I listen to. Yesterday was talking about how strong romantic comedies or romcoms were popular these days. So I figured if there is ever a time to do the follow-up to these movies it would be now. Since the two main producers are gone. I don't think it's going to happen, which is kind of heartbreaking, but I just wonder who, if there was anyone, to pick up the mantle and put it on and carry forth with producing a new movie (S).

The best part of the discussion I thought this morning was the thought that men don't go to these kind of movies when you're talking about romcom's. I suggested that maybe they do, and they may even like them even though they say they do not. They are directed these movies by their wives/girlfriends. I think they're more males interested in the romcom, then one would think. Then again, I am, peculiar I know that. I loved Music Man, My Fair Lady, Paint Your Wagon, West Side Story and on and on. I hope, but did not reveal too much about myself this morning. Not that it would make any difference. It was nice to know, however, that I might be with kindred spirits.

No comments: