Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Sky Pilot

Big, John Longo

.
As my best ex brother-in-law Johnny Longo would say, “this is been a perfectly righteous autumn afternoon.” I just got in from riding the system to and from my regular Tuesday meet at Assist, Inc. We gave away a couple of thousand dollars and home repairs, and I feel great. It's hard to see the change in season here in Taylorsville, but when I get to downtown Salt Lake my eyes are opened to the colors and the majesty of leaves turning with the season. It is still just a little early for the trees to begin dumping their leaves. In fact, the trees, a barely began to turn but there is certainly on their way. I suspect by my next Assist meeting believes will be falling in earnest, then marching down the sidewalk in great parades as the wind blows and the leaves dance.

Johnny Longo is my favorite sky pilot, a born-again, saved to the soul Bible thumper. I doubt if you will ever read this, John, if you do know that I say these things in love and respect. Johnny, of course, is ex-military living in the backwoods of North Carolina. He's kind of a hero to me. If not, legend. I first met John, of course, when I was married to Dianne in the early 90s. Johnny had just joined the family or something like that, but he was coming through a couple times a year to the Air Force Base, 50 or 60 miles from Salt Lake. I was so impressed because when Johnny could he would actually write his bike or a bike from the base and Ogden, Utah to our house in Murray. He would pump it like the distance was nothing. This guy loved life. I think he still loves life.

Johnny was a lifer in the Air Force. He spent a lot of time in the Middle East doing who knows what Air Force people do over there. He also had some “special assignments in the Middle East after his retirement. John is now fullbore Christian. I think he should be a preacher, Johnny would be a great preacher. As I mentioned, he might be a little intense for me but for others, I'm sure Johnny would be the perfect pilot to get them through life's rough seas. Since I'm no longer part of his family. I just track Johnnie through social media and can see that he is blending into the community very well. He drives bus like public transit. That worries me a little. Just because there are so many crazies out there and many of them use public transit, believe me I know. Maybe this is exactly where Johnny needs to be. Maybe a greater power knows this is where Johnny can do the most good with the zeal and commitment. The man has to the Word. I hope he is finally called to a service that he truly deserves and desires to spend his hours, days, and life in the service of his fellow man, and Jesus Christ.I miss my ex brother-in-law, not that we were ever very close, but his intensity is quite enjoyable in small amounts.

No comments: