Sunday, October 07, 2018

Sunday Night Pizza




My apartment smells funky. Last week at the food bank I got a pizza shell package, two thin crust pizza crusts, the crusts are made from sprouted wheat kernels whatever that means. I'm sure it someplace between New Age and organic food that obviously won't sell (because this is the second time I got this handout from the food bank). It's hard to wrap my head around the idea of whole wheat pizza crusts I'm sure they are okay or Trader Joe's would not sell them. And perhaps that's part of the irony here that obviously the crusts aren't selling and that's why the pizza crusts are at the food bank.

The cold front funding through and the temperature is not super cold out but today was overcast and kind of chilly. The package of pizza crusts have been nagging at me for the last two weeks. I finally threw the last package of crests away two weeks ago probably the same week that I got these that I use today. Another one of my guilty pleasures is hamburger homemade pizza. My mom used to make hamburger homemade pizza almost every Friday or Saturday night. She made the pizza square cookie sheets and the pizza was great. It was never fancy pepperoni's or Canadian bacon just good old hamburger. I figured today was a good day to stay in and make some pizza and use up one of pounds of hamburger I recently acquired from the food bank. The only drawback was I had really have any cheese. The closest thing I have in the apartment is two bricks of that “cheese” product, that stuff like Velveeta cheese stuff. So after my son Mark Anthony left this afternoon I combined into my legs put in my side cushion and went across the street and got some shredded mozzarella can of chopped olives and even masterpieces. The vegetables I got from Amy earlier in the week and the pasta sauce from the food bank I said.

I have is a pound of food bank hamburger out. It looked okay more or less but smelled a little funny which I sort of hoped would maybe would cookout. I should just run the meat out I have a problem this way. I went ahead and cooked the meat. Me smelled a little but not too bad. It tasted quirky but not bad as I've tasted bad before. I chopped up the onions green pepper and I opened up the pizza crusts and put one on my pizza sheet. I dressed the pizza crest: tomato sauce (as liberal as I dared), almost the entire stack of mozzarella cheese, green pepper, chopped onion mushroom pieces and chopped. The ingredients added quite a bit of weight to the overall pizza. I was challenged not only gave the pizza pie in the oven later getting the pizza out.I was really hoping the smell would cookout. The pizza kind of of did block the smell at first but then the funky odor came back after I and a couple pieces. It tasted okay basically but needed more spices. I'm debating whether to keep the rest of the meat. I doubt I will keep the other pizza crust and I will try to jump down the rest of the pizza I made today. However, I plan not to use that week pizza crust again. In the next me I can't from food bank at least it skeptical of its going out to the dumpster. My stomach feels a little curious but the demo can tell tomorrow and Dana comesfor my morning routine.

No comments: