Friday, October 19, 2018

I Can Do This…



(104.4 kg)  


A couple of weeks ago I went to the yearly open house at information fair at UCAT ( Utah Center Assistive Technology). It's a nice opportunity for folks who are heavily involved in one form or another of assistive technology to get together to show the community, but they've got. When I was working. I always make sure my agency had a booth at this open house. In years past when there is much more funding available to everyone they actually offered pretty good food at this event. It was usually nothing more spectacular than pizza, but it was good pizza and you could even call what they offered a meal. For many of the vendors and agency folk like myself we often left our officesin the middle of the afternoon to set up for the event and then just stayed there all evening long. We think it finished till around in a clock or nine and so the refreshments which the agency offered was the only meal we got that evening. I always appreciated whatever they gave us.

I don't know what I was expecting when I went to the open house except to satisfy a promise admitted to my friend Kent that I would stop by. But I was pleased to see a friend of mine who is a service provider and my wheelchair lift mechanic, Justin. Justin owns operation called Mobility Solutions, Inc. they been keeping my van on the road for at least 25 years. To be honest, I did not recognize Justin when I first saw him. You know that feeling you see something or somebody and you know that you should know them, but that's how I felt. It took me a few minutes to realize that the person I was looking at was my buddy Justin. Justin had lost a major amount of weight and I was impressed. I of course made my way over and we had a major discussion where he shared with me that his solution to his weight problem had been the apple cider diet, the same diet, which my dear wife/X, Dianne, I tried to get me to do. I didn't do it, and I should've and I apologize. Obviously, the apple cider diet works. Interestingly, Justin shared the taken him a couple years to achieve the appearance he currently enjoyed. In fact he shared with me that he no longer really use the sour extract of the Apple for a weight issue as much as he just liked how the daily drinking of apple cider vinegar made him feel. He felt he had better digestive capabilities and he just felt better, all the way around. I was sold.

Soon afterwards, I picked up a bottle of apple cider vinegar that has to be this specific vinegar, Bragg apple cider vinegar. The bottle has sat on my table for about a week and a half. I'm home health person, Dana, has noticed as well. Dana has been very influential to me as far as dieting. This last couple of months, maybe year are so. She's been very big into Weight Watchers but now she's watching me to see if I will do anything with the Bragg vinegar program. I been dragging my feet. I don't know why, but this morning when we did the way in. I was up about a kilogram, which is around 2 pounds. That makes 104.4 kg, which is way too much for me. I was recommitted and I want to lose some weight and I'm going to see if Bragg will let me do it. I started this evening. I knocked back 16 ounces water with about a tablespoon of vinegar mixed in. Interesting. Justin does about three shots a day and he says it's really done him well I hope he's right. So today I weighed 104.4 kg. Maybe next Friday. I'll list again but my weight is. Everybody, wish me luck.

No comments: