Friday, May 22, 2020

Banana Bread And Gail Force Wins



I almost made banana bread tonight, I still might but probably not. I even went to the Internet and downloaded the “EZ banana bread” recipe. It's essentially the recipe I use a couple weeks ago and the love turned out just fine. In fact I still have some “curing” in my cookie container. I like to petrify my baked goods before ingestion. I do this for everything. My dad used to do that with cake that generalized. Cake, doughnuts, soft gooey cookies especially and banana bread.

I've had for bananas which I've been holding out for some time waiting them to “mature” to the right space that I can blend into a nice batter. The recipe I use is pretty simple. It calls for a cup of sugar but I only use ½ cup to three quarters of a cup. I also have maybe a half a cup of pecan nuts that I got from the food bank couple weeks ago. The pecans don't taste quite as good as walnuts but now do the job for cooking during the pandemic. But I have everything else I need except for will, tonight. Always surprises me that to make this recipe takes little time at all. However, I've decided to put the project on hold until tomorrow. I might mix the whole thing up tonight and then put in the oven tomorrow and have my cleaning person pull it out when she is here.

As one can tell since I'm pretty much self quarantined trying to practice radical social distancing I don't have a whole lot to blog about. I think this quarantine is the right thing to do. I don't have enough political gumption to really get into anything political regarding should we or should we not be out in public with this pandemic. And the funny way that life has a way of mimicking movies I see in the movies where the society thinks everything is done and get some of the life only to have the meaning evil virus come down and back with a major sucker punch. I believe enough in these movies that the same thing is going to happen as the majority of impatient and spoiled Americans/world dances and prances back into socialization and wham the hammers going to fall. I just hope the virus will miss me. But with my luck I just know I'll get it sooner or later. It sounds a little ghoulish but I'm kind of interested to see how this whole thing plays out. It really is like a movie script. I'm just sitting back and watching everything go by. It's really kind of mind blowing.

A significant cold front is moving in and there's lots of wind and commotion is kind of interesting. The temperature dropped significantly in the class went dark and menacing. The plan to enjoy these effects for the next day or two because the next week major heat is due to come back to the Wasatch front and then all I'll have leftwill be the pandemic and that's… Enough.

No comments: