Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Tech Support?



I wish I was smarter. This is a familiar little lament from the writer of this blog what is true. If I was just a little bit smarter or little more agile or little more physically adapt I just do so much more. Once again I'm having difficulties with my computer. I know it sounds like I'm complaining and I really am not overall I'm pleased with the system and the work I've been able to accomplish. But it's just the little things that hurt me. Started last week actually are over the weekend I did something inadvertently and unplugged the printer to my computer at the Hewlett-Packard something or something but anyway I couldn't really get computer plugged in and then the screen that I use became unplugged from the computer as well so I was without Internet, a machine that can scan with our television! I was sort of electronically dead in the water. And seriously staying in place or whatever it's called because of the virus the Internet and everything it offers is my saving grace. It's also great to have a focus which the image scan in has been for me the last couple of weeks. Now I was not able to do anything. However I use that perfect skill of parenting that a throwing guilt onto the offspring and was able to have Mark Anthony stopover and get my screen back up and running. I think this could have been when the printer became unplugged. Today, as able to get the apartment maintenance operator is able to come in at least to get my printer plugged in and I can at least print now. I just cannot scan. I did put a text message into my son, Mark Anthony in hopes that he might be able to long distance his way into my computer and give me some direction long-distance or from his place. However, I'd forgotten that Mark's on the road going to Boise for a number of days for some kind of family event.

So now I've got a think outside the box figure out why do if I did not have Mark Anthony around (which I don't) and figure out step two. Now theoretically I could go through Hewlett-Packard I'm sure They have an 800 number line, helpline. And not to be racist I just get so frustrated with tech support or English is their second language. This leaves of course trying to corner a friend like Kim Mike Lee, phonetic spelling of his name by text-to-speech is so cute I didn't fix it. This leaves only tech support through the place where I bought my computer which is high-end and that the price they charged especially give this free support even if it's online. I just hate dealing with any kind of tech support because the tech is going to ask questions I'm not been a be able to Answer like what is the password for the software that you purchased when you bought the computer or even worse please reinstall the software from the CD-ROM which I haven't had for years. So if I want to work on this project before Mark Anthony gets back from Idaho I'd better just bite the bullet and call my local computer tech support guys



No comments: