Saturday, May 30, 2020

Like Sitting On A Timebomb

What a bizarre day. Actually, pretty mellow day up until about 4 o'clock when I turned on the news. I was shocked to see an honest to God riot in downtown Salt Lake. And seriously I have to admit I got caught into watching the television coverage of this event to just now when I broke away to write my blog. I've been in my share of strikes, peaceful demonstrations, and political actions but never have I seen anything like it's going on Salt Lake right now. Two cars actually been turned over and set on fire. Rubber bullets are being fired at the protesters and the protesters keep swarming. The social unrest is pretty bizarre. Literally thousands of people on the streets of Salt Lake city there's a lot of masks is also a lot of folks that are not unmasked. I will be interested to see the increase, if any, of Covid 19. The Mayor Salt Lake City and the governor of the state of Utah are issued a curfew for Salt Lake from 8 PM tonight to 6 AM Sunday morning how bizarre is that? On top of everything else it's 90+ degrees outside everything's just right for the virus to explode. I needed dollar bills (I have to write my grandkid letters tomorrow and I have to send a couple bucks to each kid) and I needed to get a roll of quarters both items was enough incentive plus my state money came in this morning, to go shopping over at the market. It was a quick trip all things considered. I did pick up some essentials green grapes, hot dogs, and more pickled jalapeno peppers. It seemed most people I encountered were right back so one sort or another. I did notice at the Mexican restaurant across the street from my apartment complex there is a tent set up in this person is trying to sell facemasks. It didn't look too good for her. Sure she's been soiled her brains out all week trying to build these masks and now she's trying to sell on in this little tent off of Redwood Road in 90° heat. I was glad to get home with my basketof Saturday night food and quarters and dollar bills. I really intended to read for an hour, watch the 4:30 PM news then return to my scanning project. In fact this days post was supposed to be about having something around so you need it in the moment you need it that item disappears. For me it was an image taken of the folks who attended my I think the 10th year birthday party. I noticed one of my friends was a bit younger than I am was in that photo which I could hardly believe. I didn't realize I was close enough with this friend to have invited him to my party. His name is Kyle and Kyle was a year or two younger than me. He lived in the piece of suburbia a mile or so from my home. Just recently I found out that Kyle actually lives in Salt Lake County. We have not yet gotten together yet to visit about old times.. On top of all these events which happen today about three hours ago out of the blue my stomach begin to rumble. I feel at risk of a major bowel blowout. I'm quite surprised nothing's happened yet. Hopefully if I can make it to bedtime without an incident thinks a settle down by tomorrow and I then make it through to Monday morning. Because as you know dear reader I only poop three days a week and this nature calls before it's time to have the call Select Home Health which will hopefully send out another person, who I don't know and who I don't know may be infected. So far nothing's happened but it feels I am sitting on the timebomb.…

No comments: