Sunday, May 10, 2020

My Black Secretary



I'm really quite saddened at losing the house on Utahna even though I no longer in a resident in that nice little brick bungalow is just a nice place and I have lots of stuff there still. Recently DD indicated that the black secretary (had been stored on the side of the house but magically had really afforded a lot of destructive elements from the outside) and if I wanted I just need to pick it up. The desk would need a lot of attention to be usable but still I've always liked this piece of furniture and excited to have it the big challenge was moving the peace from Utahna to my place.

Always seems the biggest challenge in living is moving stuff. Fortunately we live in a land/culture that thrives on trucks (probably wagons before then Buck boards or whatever). Not only having a vehicle/wagon/truck to move materials but also “backs” to do the actual loading moving and downloading and placing. To complicate everything this move is taking place during the Covid challenge. My brother, Carl, did the initial move. We had concerns about contact him at first because he's (I hate these the term elderly but I'm elderly and he's older than I am!) Elderly. However he spry, muscular and willing to assist. However my sister-in-law Jean is deathly ill and may feel somewhat cautious into bringing anything which might be hazardous to her living situation. However, I really couldn't find anyone else immediately. We finally relented and yesterday my brother/Carl brought the furniture over and I have to minute I was excited.

Like I said, fortunately, the secretary had been kept out of the elements more or less but still had a fine coating of dirt and dust. I was willing to go over the piece with damp cloth and soap or whatever but Carl got on the job and with vacuum hose doubt all the loose dirt that attacked the remaining coats of dust with elbow grease paper towels and water. It took 15 minutes or so but he's a fast worker and soon had the piece somewhat presentable. I guess if I was very energetic and a bit more creative I would move the peace out somewhere and have it shot with black paint again. However, as it is somewhat excited to start utilizing the piece. The scary part – – the really scary part – – is finding a place in my small abode that will house a secretary with the fold-down desk. Right now I have a place that's actually not bad but will take some moving around of other pieces. This not be a job for Annette or maybe Mark Anthony if I can secure his services for an afternoon. As you can see, when the secretary's open there's all kinds of cubbyholes, which I adore, I can stuff things in these little cubbies to my hearts content. Everything from art equipment to envelopes to writing utensils, rubber bands, and stock for bookmarks. I have to admit I'm very excited.

No comments: