Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Cool Jazz




You want to hear something weird? I started listening to these bossa nova jazz channels on YouTube. They just stay video of a hot cup of coffee usually with jazz at the bossa nova beat and it's really soothing. I find myself listening to the channel specifically on Saturday and Sunday mornings now and sometimes during the week while I'm working on the computer with my scanning project. What I think is really interesting is that it really helps having something to substitute when one is doing a news fast or a Covid fast. I'm not doing a complete fast but I'm sure attending to a lot less “Covid/financial/political news” then I have been before. Still quite addicted to my favorite afternoon show Marketplace which sometimes goes over to the show just following that A T C I don't watch myself closely I found myself rotating back into the new shows. And I must confess I still listen to the blocking news from 5 to 6 PM. I do notice though even with the Marketplace I start getting a little anxious. I can't believe I'm so easily influenced.

The coffee channel not only plays the music but if you become a member of any specific coffee group then there is an accompanying chat column where people can leave comments. This seemed to be a laid-back group I have not detected a lot of meanness are inappropriate comments. Management suggests that the site is monitored closely but I kind of don't think so and if it is its volunteer you know how that goes? However, it's a nice place to hang out. It would be one of those channels that be nice to listen to After Dark especially if you're with somebody you want to be around and be cool at the same time. Check it out, if you looking for some anxiety free listening time… You'll be glad you did.

Lockdown continues for me anyway. Assist, Inc. and my buddy Dave who runs the group on Tuesday mornings kind of indicated we would be doing an online “group” today but when I contacted them a little after 8 AM he indicated that he had not been able to get around to get all the information he needed for the group meeting. He indicated also that there weren't that many folks to consider anyway. May have something to do with Covid and all its ramifications. So what little work I did do today was scanning images into/onto the hard drive. Last week, I actually purchased A See D C which is a really good photo image manager at least I believe that it is. The software is when the first pieces of software I downloaded and I got onto the Internet for the first time. The software was excellent. I paid $34 for it the other day (stimulus money). I don't know if it's me or what but I just can't seem to work at the way that I used to. It's real fancy dancy. Let me do the basic things I need to do. So, I'm using it along with the other pieces of software that parts no longer work so between all of the different software's I have for image management and getting my project fairly covered. Still I have lots of work to do which is good because I don't think this lockdown is going anywhere soon…

No comments: