Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Status Quo

A

It's Tuesday morning and I'm rolling into the week. Even though we're smack dab in the middle of the corona virus lock-down and I know there's not going to be an Assist, Inc. advisory board meeting I call the office anyway just to see. When we are not in the middle of a pandemic I make this call every Tuesday morning little after 8 AM and speak with David my buddy at Assist, Inc. to see if we're going to have a meeting to adjudicate funding for citizens across the state indeed of home repair. I was able to get David first time out this morning. I was right there will be no meeting today however, next Tuesday I will call in and we'll do some grants over the phone are using one of the technology options for distance meeting. Sad to say this “distant meeting” will most likely be the new normal. I've always known life is an adjustment. I learned this concept early on then relearned the concept again after my accident 54 years ago.

I am continuing my scan project. Interesting again last night as I was scanning images I came across some photos which I mother had scrawled on the back short notes. On one particular photo of me at I'm not sure of what age she has the date of the year that I was born which conflicts with what I've been told and what is written on documents. I believe I've written regarding this phenomenon before but is still quite frustrating not knowing for sure what year I was born in. I had really like to believe and hopeful that the clerical error is in my favor that I was born in 1952 versus 1951. I don't know how this piece of information would affect anything in my life at this point. If this is true that means I'm a year older than everybody associated with. Again not much of an issue now but gradeschool graduation all that kind of stuff I assume would make a difference. I guess as mother made the last of the family photo albums mother was getting was getting on with your life. I believe she just got befuddled. Still however the 1952 date with sort of correlate with information I gathered from my other family – – my birth family.

I continue to quite enjoy this task I've bestowed upon myself entering data specifically images onto my hard drive. I'm not necessarily learning a lot about my family as much as I'm learning about the software I'm using on my computer system. This is good I don't feel nearly as dorky down as I did when I first began the task. It will not change anything – – does anything change anything in the long run? I would just have acquired another skill which will not make any difference in the world of the worlds to come, in the long run. But I think I'm enjoying most about this project is reconnecting a lot of my feelings of more than 50 years ago 60 years ago almost 70 years ago. The feelings are still there fresh as yesterday I can still smell fresh alfalfa mixed with spearmint with sun rising over the mountains of what is going to be a hot summer day of bringing in the hay…

No comments: