Saturday, May 09, 2020

Olé Enchiladas!



My cleaning person did not make it today. Seems like she had the opportunity to hook up with an older guy to do some camping. This is not a shock because she was talking about the campout yesterday and I told her I would not Siegert Monday but she seemed adamant to show up today but then I got the call this morning you want to leave at 8 AM rather than 10 AM. The kitchen is a little traumatized from salad making procedure yesterday but I did wash the dishes and I just need to sweep the floor. Then just hold my breath until Monday and I should be good to go.

I really don't get mad very often especially over things like cleaning people not showing up for work. After all, that's 40 bucks I save on they don't show up for their two-hour shift. The only thing I'm out is a little socialization and I can get that by heading across the street from my weekend “essential” market run. It's hard to be social behind a mask. I wish I could convey more with my eyes but sometimes I think I do. But get used to it, get used to the mask this is becoming the new normal. Maybe they'll develop a transparent mask that will allow us a modicum, social activity. Kind of funny I still smile big at a person that I pass in the market especially one who stops to help me get something down from an upper shelf. I say “thank you” and try to do so happily but without the accompanying smile seems a little flat and dull.

Good try something new today or tomorrow depending on my energy levels. I've thawed out a pound of ground turkey which I am going to try out and see if I can turn it into turkey enchiladas. I know your typical Hispanic family doesn't do a whole lot with ground turkey but since I've got it and I've tested the turkey with ground beef in the Gulf and it came out stunningly I think enchiladas should be my next step. Over the years of accumulated a couple cans of enchilada sauce from the half corn tortillas in the refrigerator that I really need to use, cheese and onions I think everything I need now just the intimidation factor is all I have to get over. I think like many of the dishes I make a make an incredible mess and many of the dishes don't look like magazine level portrayals but all in all I've got it tasted pretty good and reports I've gotten back is that the flavors all right.so I should be okay the only real issue is the amount of calories I will intake from my enchilada production. I pretty much resolved and got a live, I've got to eat and I'm going to enjoy doing both and not worry about calories as much as I have been over the past couple of months. However, I will tell you that I did purchase to heads of lettuce and a nice head of cabbage and a new vinyl tomatoes so I'm set for salads I'm kind of excited for this next week of dining…

No comments: