Thursday, May 07, 2020

Disability Wars




This morning as I lay in my post sleep thought process my moment of clarity Was focused on one of the podcast that I listen to as I worked out on my arm bike. It's an interesting compilations of examinations of businesses which tended to compete with each other over time like the airlines, Ford versus Chevrolet, Kodak versus Browning. There's a number of interesting competitions that these guys examine. Many times the segments run more than a half an hour and and maybe 6 to 7 segments in a particular series. They are acted out usually by one person taking all the parts it's a little corny that way but still sheds some fascinating light on these business competitions of history. The main company is Wondery. Wondery does a great job. At the end of each show is common boilerplate like how to subscribe to the service without commercial breaks, disclaimers for this and disclaimers for that and always a plea for ideas for them to explore perhaps exploit. This morning as I lay comfortably in my bed pondering whether to try to see if I can force myself back to sleep for maybe an hour or so or catheterize myself and then try to go back to sleep or explore Explore this morning spot Bonanza.

If I were to actually submit some ideas for these guys to explore. And I must admit I don't know how relevant they might feel the ideas are but they seem to have some strong abilities and doing some research for some of the ideas I was thinking of would be “Everest Jennings versus Sunrise Medical Products. This would actually be an exploration of traditional, industrial slack clinical wheelchairs versus the advent of high-performance/athletic type wheelchairs that began surfacing in the late 1960s. In that same notion one can examine the competition between Rehabilitation Services Administration (R S A) and the Independent Living Model or Independent Living Model versus Medical Model which is a bit more generic than the previous RSA idea but I think either one would be fascinating listening if it were developed right. If I had more time and skill sets I would do the podcasts but I just don't have creativity. I'm almost concerned that they might be interested but would focus their development on myself and making me do the research which I doubt that I could do readily. I certainly have a lot of opinions on this particular issue but not enough to explore the development of a podcast series It could be called something like Disability Wars.

Yesterday I made banana bread. I really believe this the first banana bread I have made without the use of a premix. I had two bananas that I've been cultivating for a week or so when you for them to deteriorate to the point that they would be quite mushy. I also have a bag of pecans I need to use instead of walnuts. Since I had gotten the bread pan from Dianne last week or so I was set to go. I think I should've used more bananas and I think I used enough butter the texture was less gooey as I think some folks would like but the cake was good enough for me and will be tasty with bread spread on. I'll try it again in a couple of days as my bananas ripen and get ready for their big show…


No comments: