Friday, May 29, 2020

Finally, Heat I Can Write About


Outside, the weather is finally hot, not outlandishly hot as promised by the weather guy a hot enough to cause the inside of the apartment to feel comfortably warm. It's the kind of warmth that the other seniors in this complex will crank up the air conditioner and if you are not experiencing social distancing what all be complaining out in the front the building about how hot the season is and how soon the heat has come this year. Wisely, I guess, I chose not to read out enough sun, even though there hasn't been much sun due to cloud cover. I'm kind surprised because the weather guy said moisture or clouds would not get this high any significant amount but it's significant to me. It's like in the old days when my older brother and I were taxed with bringing in the hay during the day while my father worked his regular job. I love these kind of sporadic cloudy days because even though the temperatures Mysore in the 90s you could still pitch hay onto the wagon because the heat didn't feel the same as the heat produced by direct sun's rays. Still I chose to read on my porch because I can. I read guiltily thinking that I should be doing something and I guess I am, doing something, I'm socially isolating, socially distancing. I'm feeling comfortable by state money came this morning I noticed when I checked my bank accounts. I'm going to make it another month. Actually, I'm still enjoying the bloom from the stimulus money from last month. Not that I need to but I'm almost wondering if it's true that another stimulus check might be coming.


At the risk of sounding really old I can't help but mention once again time I spent with a group called The Second West Acting Company. If you just search “acting company” you will get a number of references I have made over the years. It's not that I was a heavy duty after I was not, one of my friends who basically started the company was. I just took advantage of her enthusiasm and the fact that company I worked for would just about fund anything to do with disability especially in the arts. Since my involvement with the acting company didn't cost my agency any money (with the exception of night claiming over time and usually taking a couple hours off on Fridays that was about it). My friends agency Very Special Arts funded most of the project. As always impressed on how my friend always made us feel professional doing art stuff to her program. In the image I have posted is a great shot of the group with our real-life professional acting coach all remember now his name was/is Mike something. My friend actually wrote a grant that paid his time for instructing us in the acting tradition. We met once a week after work. From 6 to 8 are 7 to 9 or something like that I can't remember. I hated the hours because it was late especially in the winter it was cold, dark and it seemed like forever before I get home. In this image were going over a play (possibly one that I may have written I did a couple). The plays were never long and we would perform them once or twice then have a function afterwards with wine and treats and the chance to feel artistically professional. It was all smoke and mirrors but kind of fun. I don't know if I do it again but maybe just exercise the ability to meet if this quarantine is ever lifted…



No comments: