Monday, May 25, 2020

Repeat, repeat, repeat… Infinity



Every time I try to write something I start thinking about what I'm writing and suddenly realize it has no relevance because of the virus and the quarantines. Even though it seems more and more parts of the state/country are getting back to what is considered “open”. I think it's too soon I think it's going to go into another lockdown before Christmas. So,, what I'm thinking about doing doesn't make sense because I won't be going out doing anything that's not essential i.e. fun. The kind of feels like Groundhogs Day where Bill Murray wakes every morning to the same day that is that the day before. I am beginning to feel the same way. I wake up and is to be anything new. I get up get dressed drink coffee take my meds and then check the emails, Messenger, and then I usually write my arm bike for at least 45 minutes now. Wander down to the mailroom then I read for an hour or work on the image scan project. Grab my lunch, watch an episode of whatever series I'm binging then listen to Marketplace . If I have not already written I then focus on trying to get my blog post ready and posted after which I might go out, hang out and read in the sun if it's available. Back in time for the news block where I have to make dinner and then have focused on well work on some more scans. I may try to squeeze in another episode of Gray's anatomy before I hit the bed benefit for the day and that's it for the day after and the day after that. It really is kind of Groundhog Day.

I really wish I could get behind this whole Memorial Day thing but, once again things are foiled by the virus but to be honest I can use as an excuse. It's not like I go out and decorate graves like many other folks do every year. I don't have a way to get to cemeteries and again I don't ever remember doing such things. I folks may have done it but I was unaware of things going alike on. Maybe later on after grandparents started to die. So I don't have a feeling for soldiers dead our family members dead and going out to decorate their graves. If I had transportation possibly we'd go out and pay some attention to mom and dad's grave and local JSS in Santa Quinn. I'm not sure where grandmother and grandfather Harker are hanging out. So even though the day was a little bit of a change from the usual I'm still in self-imposed lockdown except for “essential” shopping. I can't say that I'm bored and I can't say that I'm stir crazy there is enough going on in my life thanks to technology cell phone, power chair and my home health fresh and concerns me three times a week and then for two hours on Saturday clean my apartment. I even have a good relationship with my ex – DD which allows me to feel like I am having good communication and I'm a,socially functional Dunsil1.
1See TOS, The Ultimate Computer

No comments: