Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Elusive Dreams



Dreams are so weird. This morning my waking dream was totally influenced by yesterday's events. Dianne and I were Discussing something which I cannot remember right now but ended up in my dream sequence. I am also semi-binging “The Boys” On Amazon prime. I am really surprised at how much I am enjoying the series. The series is sort of like superheroes gone bad. Like I said it's funny/weird how while in the dream everything seems possible. Even on waking as I laid in bed I was awash with visions of how I could be as influential and positive and making change as I was in the dreams.

I was really surprised at how intensely I believed I could make change even here at the apartment complex. I felt that I could manufacture employment/income earning options just from my ingenuity and able to think outside the box, whatever that box might be. Sadly however as more and more time slips between my waking state and now how distant and silly those concepts seem.

I woke up this morning at 3:51 AM. I only write this because when visiting with Dianne yesterday she indicated how she's been a cycle of waking up at 3:30 AM the past couple of mornings. She told me about how tired she would be when she Woke that early She would have to take a nap after being up a couple hours. That would be great if I could do naps. I just can't Throw myself to bed when I'm completely clothed and plan on being able to get up safely. I wish napping was a option for me but I get by anyway with the ability to play my chair down in the near horizontal position and rest periodically through the day not only allowing me to get close to sleep, sometimes, but also take the weight off my butt which is becoming more and more important but doable. And make it through the day and being somewhat productive is still going to bed later than I probably should. Rarely, getting to sleep before 1145 or 12 AM. I guess the point I'm making is that because Dianne and I spoke about these early wake times I, the next morning wake up at a similar time.

Fortunately, “.The Boys” is a fairly short series I think there's only eight episodes – – granted each episode is about 60 minutes – – and so far there is just but one season. I'm positive they'll be others. I highly recommend the series to anyone who's into fallen state superheroes. I felt a pretty good movie which recently exemplified this phenomenon was “Hancock”. Will Smith is the fallen superhero and I highly recommend the film.

I seriously do not live in the or a”rah rah” universe. When I was in sales most specifically telephone sales there is our strong rah rah element. There is that whole weird play out of fake enthusiasm every time one made a phone sale. The pod manager would stand behind you and raise the “sales stick” up in the air above your head and everyone would hoot and holler about the sales you just completed. It was so fake it was pathetic. It was like that in my dream except I really believed the accolades I seem to be getting for whatever (I don't even remember anymore). It was the feeling I guess and not the substance that may be feel/think I was invincible. Whatever it was its gone now as I look forward to a day of cat napping in the spring sunshine…




No comments: