Wednesday, May 27, 2020

We Are Not Yet Done…



I'm just back from feeding the ducks. There's a nice little stream which wanders through the park adjacent to our building complex. There is actually a bridge over the stream and a road that goes along side the stream. Sometimes it takes a little effort to throw the bread out into the water clear the banks but it's fun when the docs finally realize what you're doing. I'm impressed there's a number of wild ducks (I'm sure all the ducks on this water are wild one form or another) but they don't seem to be as tied into recognition of being said bread as the white ducks. I don't know if the ducks actually see the bread flying into the water are just the gross body movement of my arm trying to heave the bread. But the white ducks steam right over and are fairly aggressive. What I find really interesting is that many of the wild ducks have little duck families 8 to 10 ducklings all different sizes when two or three families mingled together. An interesting is the little guys seems to know exactly what the white breads for when they come right out and gobble up as much as they can capture for themselves. Sometimes the parents get into the bread foray but usually they hang back. I had a whole loaf of Wonder Bread that I got the food bank a couple of weeks ago. Recently I got another loaf of white bread which I'm going to most likely use for French toast if and when I get motivated again. So, the initial loaf I could justify feeding the ducks.

But sexy hot outside the day in the sun temperatures are approaching 80 if not hotter! These are my type of days. I had my staff cracked window in my room so now I have access to fresh air all night long which is kind of exciting. I've been meaning to have her open the window for some time. On Monday's visit I had Annette remove the comforter from my bed so I just had the sheet in the top comforter now. I'm doing pretty good more than enough heat to get me through the night. Speaking of heat or lack of it. I don't plan to use my air conditioner much this summer if I use the air-conditioning system of all. Last year I actually did use it a couple times but I don't like “canned air”. Like the oppression of the massive heat. We should be in the 90s tomorrow and the day after. I'm kind of excited. There's been no word on the remodel of my apartment which is okay. I'm the only one is not worried about if and when the project get started and done. I'm a firm belief that the project will happen in this good time. I still don't know what they will do with me while the renovation takes place.

Slowly the country in the world is trying to get past the Covid virus. Every night the news is filled with municipalities and cities kind of giving up on the whole idea of social distancing and trying to start the “machine” again. There is more and more in-house dining as restaurants and fast food joints start to be no toes back into the public pond. The experience is going to be slow, hopefully, however there are a number of stories on the national news addressing the problems of literally thousands of people crowding on beaches off the East Coast and West Coast paying no attention at all to social distancing. It's too soon I think and we are going to get ourselves nipped on the butt if we aren't careful. Truly, I would rather be back on the road on my beloved buses traveling back and forth to my meetings, lunches and exploratory journeys but it's too soon. I just feel it. The viruses out there napping in the pre-summer heat and then the summer heat building up, getting stronger sharpening its teeth and claws for the autumn and winter seasons. We're not yet done…

No comments: