Saturday, August 29, 2020

Another Saturday Night…

 




Not that it really mattered but I have to admit I was somewhat pleased today, when on a whim I thought I'd check my balances at the credit union and sure enough State had come through with this month's pension. Still just a couple hundred/know that it's in their hanging out and tell the major shot comes from Social Security. Again, another quiet day in the neighborhood of Covid-Ville. I could've gone places but what's the point everything closed and why risk exposure to the virus if I don't have to? It's kind of funny but even if I don't have to wait until my “new” money comes , just like when I was poor and I was skating till the end of the month to the new money came. I needed more mother Vinegar, frozen burritos, spicy vegetable juice and a few other odds and ends to start the month off as well as finish off the weekend.

It's Saturday night and this afternoon I did something I've always wanted to do but never really got around to doing. I grabbed a $20 bill for my mad money stash and decided I was going to go to the Chinese food hole in the wall by my market in order to dinners. I actually have me to have to cook soon as well is that ribeye steak I got the food bank last week or couple weeks ago. I wanted Chinese enough to last into the weekend. Craving is not the right word but I wanted to order some lo mein noodles for some time. I only recently learned the difference between chow mein and lo mein noodles like it took me 70 years, unbelievable. But that's what I got this afternoon/evening one order of Egg foo young And in order of lo mein noodles. Everything was super salty and right now I'm craving liquids but it was a nice dinner. The plan is to cook up the meet tomorrow to add to the leftovers especially the lo mein noodles. Once again I was not at all impressed with the egg foo Yong, I've resigned myself to the belief that my kind of EFY is no longer available unless I can get my hands on a working time machine to transport me back sometime in the 60s Boise Idaho in the House, the of Louie . We know that's not going so I'm learning to be happy with what I can get. It would be nice to be doing something significantly more than I'm doing this Saturday night but it just in the cards. So, it looks like the best am going to do is mix my two Chinese dinners a little from Styrofoam box a and a little bit from Styrofoam box be. Hit the Disney Channel and find something from the Marvel universe to once again explore while sipping on ice cold diet Mountain Dew While packing my trustee cell phone at my side and the longshot possibility that I should get a phone call or text…

No comments: