Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Tuesday Rain

 


Finally, kind of sad that it takes a hurricane or a couple of them to produce enough moisture to change the dry spell we've been having for the past three months but it finally happened. I'm not going to try to sugarcoat the concept but it was probably the high point of my day. Obviously, I may be coming one of the victims of the Covid 19 issue but I find myself totally staying in my little apartment and not taking advantage of the wonderful life I have available to me. I mean seriously I ride my bike for 50 minutes, I do my blog, check my mail unless I have something significant to do like a doctors appointment or something I desperately need to get from the market are superstore I'm pretty much hanging out the apartment in doing cryptograms are crypta quotes.


Today was no different except for I was harboring hope that if nothing else I could hook up with my friend Dave from Assist, Inc. and we would do the grant reviews for the last couple of weeks. I used to go in every Tuesday morning and we would then go over the weeks request for funding grants and approve the work which in most cases have already been done. I used to be part of a group myself and about four ladies, ancients like myself, who get together and approve the grants. It's a technicality I understand that and I think they do to but I'm not sure but it's also kind of a little coffee get together. I'm not totally part of their social group but I put up with them and they do the same with me and for 90 minutes we list the Dave read and describe the circumstances behind each grant request/application. It's a bit of a game I understand this but I like going somewhere on Tuesday mornings and of course with Covid everything changed. Actually a number of the women of either died or have gotten sold they are not able to get in to the meetings so the last couple of months it's just basically me. Still with the covert day was the only one who came into the office and we decided to have the reviews done over the phone which basically worked and is quickly becoming the new normal, but today David wanted to give Margaret (the last stoic surviving member besides me) of the group A chance to do her duty over the phone which is fine with me. I reverted to my new behavior of having my breakfast, making coffee doing 50 minutes of my arm bike and then doing some puzzles. I need to doing more.


It was later in the afternoon when the drowsy state of puzzling I realized I could smell moisture, the smell of what concrete or maybe just dust. I looked out the window and there was actually rain falling or had fallen. The sun was shining brightly but there were clouds everywhere and there was the telltale wind storm of some sort. I was suddenly energized I grabbed my cell phone and took off out of the apartment. And even though the sun was shining brightly there is actually rain falling not a lot more sprinkling than anything else but I headed over to the park. Once I got to the park the rain increased its intensity and finally I escaped to one of the shoulders. There are a couple of homeless folks at one of the shelter who surprisingly got up and left after I took over my place at the other end of the picnic shelter. I was there just to wait out the rain and listen to the rain pound the top of the shoulder. The noise was not as intense as hail but a good nature like sound. The temperature today was in the 90s so I felt like I was in Florida so to say it was humid. I put a mile on my chair roughly from the time I left the apartment and goosed around the park but that was all I needed to put my odometer at 3870 miles. My goal is to break 4000 by the end of the year or when I order my new chair whichever comes first. That's 130 miles now I'm going to have to focus and travel couple miles a day I can do it but it's going Take some focus I can do this nice to have a project.

No comments: