Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Popsicles 18 Or Nothing

 


It's another triple digit day and by triple digit I mean hundred degrees plus temperature which is just fine by me but everyone else is running around like it's the end of the world. Today's one of those great days when you know I've got a decent wheelchair and everything's working on it and everything seems to be working on me. No pain to speak of and a lot of the dark and red spots caused by pressure and who knows what else seems to clear it up on my rear end. This means time in the chair is not problematic and I can be out doing stuff.


One of my many guilty pleasures is double stick popsicles you know the old Popsicle brand the kind you can get when you're a kid for a nickel and I suppose the twin sticks was a sales gimmick so you could share with somebody else which is a great idea but not really practical. Over the years I've always defaulted to twin stick popsicles. Now, I choose this brand of confectionery because I kind of think there least expensive as far as calories go. Gone are the days when you could go into the market run back to the frozen section grab one or two popsicles and check out and go out and sit in front of the market and enjoy your treat oh no now you have to buy a whole bag the least you can get away with his 18 popsicles. What he did do with 18 popsicles when you only want one. Maybe like today, I took off with the sole purpose of purchasing a bag of 18 popsicles because I was down to the last two popsicles in the bag I purchased last week. So I packed my silver coated heat and cold bag and headed to the market. But, really 18 popsicles when you want just one? I'm really tempted when I'm sitting there in front of the frozen section and I'm looking at bags of fudge sickles (I know that's not the way to spell the word but I'm too lazy),bags of ice cream cups some with red streaks from raspberry, brown streaks chocolate and plain old white. There's also bags of fudge bars, mega pop sickles and on and on. I can stop a bunch in my anti-melt pack but I don't need that many calories and quite frankly going to be doing good stuffing these 18 sickles and in my freezer. It's going to be a lot of cramming but they'll be nice to have during the heat of the afternoon and is a treat in the evening that won't be too many calories. I held strong and purchased only one item today at the market which is slowly changing from Fresh Market to Macy's.


(I have to just add a small add-on. Yesterday when I went to the market the door on each side, the door are usually enter in was blocked off with yellow tape. Look like a crime scene expected to see chalk outlines of people on the sidewalk but there is just a sign saying use West door. I almost got upset but really it doesn't hurt me the goal around to the other door. Today however the crime scene had enlarged to not only have the east door involved but had grown to the entire parking area in front of the two doors making me have to go all the way to the north entrance to the whole building to the whole parking area. This was a huge trip out of my way of , I was just glad that I wasn't pushing if I had been in a manual chair think I would've cried. On the inside of the yellow line that now look like a crime scene of mega proportions that look like fresh asphalt had been applied. Maybe this is going to be a long-term issue but still something I was not prepared for one of the hottest days of the year)

No comments: