Monday, August 03, 2020

MTD


I really have a lot to be thankful about and I've gone on and on in this blog about exactly that. I have a warm bed, a great apartment with lots of room, a roll in shower is sort of accessible kitchen fridge raider I get ice out of them to power wheelchairs and the manual chair. Now, that is not the sum of my worldly possessions with getting pretty close. And I'm thankful for all of my actually thank the Lord every night when I pray for how thankful I am. However, I'm still the great destroyer and I just hate that. If I was a Marvel comic superhero, I would probably be the villain are a valid called Marko the Destroyer(M T D).


Probably because I was beginning to get little uppity. It's been quite a while really not destroying anything significant. I rollover my glasses few weeks ago but they didn't break seriously I was able to get them fairly well straightened out (I'm still get another pair maybe when the pandemic lightens up if it ever does). Even this afternoon after I got across the street to the True Value and purchased a nice Pyrex pie dish. It was everything I was looking for across the street instead of having to go down the DI which are probably should've but misleading is about how the pie plate was on the covered of my apartment as I was beginning to put together the quiche and of course I turned and bumped and just in the nick of time grabbed the Pyrex pie dish from careening to the floor and I'm sure burst into 1000 shards. I adverted catastrophe, not a huge catastrophe but one just the same on a small scale, my size. I thought perhaps just maybe the Marko, Wreck It Ralph persona has been lifted. However like everything else I've spoken too soon.


It's another hundred degree plus day here in Salt Lake especially Taylorsville. And I feel pretty good being out and about and enjoying what I call perfect weather. I was wearing a black and white Tipped over to one side given me that palooka, Joe palooka look. Even though I was tired and possibly a little heat exhausted from my running around today I really still wanted to put together the Quiche I've been threatening to put together for the last couple of days . Earlier in the day at its research on the concept ofPre-baking the piecrust. There's actually a term for this called blind baking and I know I could really go off in the tangent right now but, blind baking is when you take the pie dough put in the pie – then bake it in the oven at about 375° for 20 or 30 minutes. This should make a semi-cooked piecrust to pour your wet pie ingredients into. I also downloaded the recipe I had for bacon spinach quiche. The more he got into the project the more hopeful I became. Even when I screwed up on the piecrust. I should've used both pie crusts that came in the box I only used one. The pie dish is so huge and I didn't think about shrinkage when the pie dough cooked. I just went back and got the other piecrust and lined the rest of the pie dish. I probably will not cook as well as the first the least all the bases of be covered. I have to admit it was a real challenge trying to get that pie dish made of glass out of the oven. Of course the glasses hot and not even let it cool down for about 10 to 15 minutes still barely too hot to handle. I thought this is where is going to destroy something the piecrust at least know I got it out cut up the other piecrust filled in the spots dumped everything into the cooked piecrust I almost blew it because I forgot the bacon that I covered up with the towel and put all the ingredients together and through back in the oven. The quiches cook now but I don't dare Try to remove the dish until it's cool enough to handle or that I can read one of my neighbors to do the deed. This is for the sucker punch came this was when all things were made normal and that I for sure still am and will always be Marko The Destroyer, MTD! I drove my chair over to the computer table to begin my blog for the day. As I rolled up to my keyboard tray I went a little quicker than I should have in my controller on my chair caught on the tray – – this happened visited bazillion times before nothing has happened, Nothing except for today when the whole top part of my controller separated from its case. I destroyed it. Fortunately I'm still able to use the controller very gently. So tonight of worrying about what the solution will be. Maybe I did Tad the fiber tape the thing together until I can get over to the wheelchair shop to find out what can be done. Truly, I'm not the only one this could happen to. I probably get tons of breaks right now I'm feeling why can't I just catch a break…




No comments: