Monday, August 10, 2020

It Could Be Worse

 


Remember the image last week of my seemingly exploded controller from a power wheelchair? How I limped around trying to get by until my brother came over and secured the controller works of ties? Will sadly over the weekend one of is it ties snapped off. These zip ties are quite old and so I would not be surprised if Zip ties were brittle. I lived up to my thoughts which I've had in the blog about why hadn't I thought of the zip tie solution myself? I went to my supply of zip ties found a couple put together and sure enough was able to zip the controller together. Seriously however, I realized this was not the ideal fix for our problem. No matter what zip ties I used they all are going to, sooner than later, go brittle and snap and leave me with a problem. I sure didn't want to but got on the phone this morning and contacted Intermountain Hospital wheelchair shop and spoke with Cameron the phone protector of the technicians. You don't talk to anybody unless Cameron gives the okay. Cameron called and left a message for me last week and also full myself with The zip tie solution are pretty much told him to forget the call. Well I'll certainly humbled when I called back today. Cameron shared with me that he had spoken with the technicians would see the images they felt they could do something but of course they would need to have my chair overnight. I figured that was the case. Luckily, I suppose, Cameron indicated they could actually pick my chair up this afternoon in a couple of hours. I wasn't sure the status of my backup chair. It was sitting under a pile of stuff in the corner and I know had not been charged in weeks. I told Cameron I would be able to have my chair ready for the early pickup 5 PM to 8 PM. Went back and plugged the chair in, the backup chair and went on with my day.


I really do appreciate IHC folks getting my chair and immediately and I need to resolve feeling so put upon just because sitting in this back up chair is uncomfortable. One I should be thankful that I have a backup chair regardless of how it makes you feel physically, the chair works and meets the need that I have for independence even even when my regular chair is not available. Secondly, they took my chair and immediately which means that one way or the other I will have to chair back sometime tomorrow. Because the Covid it's not like I'm going to be doing anything tomorrow Except hanging out at the apartment complex and most likely just hanging around the apartment. I admit doubles spooked about getting up in the morning just because transferring the somewhat challenging but if I take enough precautions I'll be all right. I will have my regular chair back tomorrow and have my whole week still look forward to enjoying this life that I am blessed to have…

No comments: