Monday, August 31, 2020

Bouquets of Sharpened Pencils…

 



Well, the forecast cooldown came on today with welcome cloud cover and lower temperatures. In fact the evening was so cool that friend Annette finally showed up I had her, first thing, close window my bed almost all the way living just a small space for fresh air. I do not believe for one second that this is okaythe beginning, the real beginning of fall in cooler weather. Will have more 90° days before the change but I just felt better with the window closed it's time. Cannot believe how much I missed this one caregiver. She is so good. I don't know what I'll do if I ever lose her. She watches over my skin so closely and works hard to make sure that I'm oiled up and taped up and prophylacticed as much as I can be. Annette's focus certainly makes the difference in how I enjoy the day.


One of my favorite scenes in the movie You've Got Mail where Tom Tanks is talking about how much he loves New York in the fall. He feels prompted the by school supplies. I had that same feeling this morning. For a couple of days have been trying to find the the lead to my mechanical pencils, cheap little plastic pencils that you supposedly can put lead into after you've used up the first piece of lead. Well the morning was just enough stimulus for me to saddle up and drive my chair down to the community college. I can't believe I even called the college first to make sure their open I thought sure that all be closed down. But the book Shoppe is open no one on down and that I really got smacked with the whole autumn fever, if there is such thing, thing. Social distancing of course but the kids were on campus all looking like bank robbers. They were hanging out on the patio and on the lawn nonstops everywhere college kids congregate but they were social distanced and masked. I was impressed that even the coffee shop was open as The grill. I could've ordered a hamburger or had I wanted to be up early a quick breakfast – – all certainly have to keep this in mind. The Asian kids, the Malaysian kids, the South Sea Islanders kids in the low income kids were all hanging out at the common area. True, not as many by a long shot as it used to be. No long tables of private nonprofits trying to raise funds, no hustle bustle at the student government section and no tables are posters advertising concerts and dances especially mixers which is so common at the first of the year. For a brief moment I chastised myself for not getting in gear and taking some classes this fall. But seriously that's all the stupid die. Even though there's little talk I believe there's a strong chance that this virus is going to come back with a vengeance this fall when all the stupid dopes a look at guards down and possibly their masks. That is not where I want to be even though I want to be in the romance of college classes in the fall. The just something invigorating about the whole concept. I remain focused I got my pencil lead's plus a couple new pencils. I'm totally ready to dive back into my word puzzles and my week…

No comments: