Sunday, August 30, 2020

Maken Bacon and Slurpping Noodles

 



Do you ever have one of those rare moments when you wake up and realize you slept 7 hours! For me that's incredibly rare I've been laying here in bed 45 minutes since I woke comment this Sunday morning, playing with my cell phone scrolling looking for things to purchase. Feeling no pain to speak of, my is bladder is full but not the point that I have to rashly try to transfer from my bed to my powerchar. I can make the transfer safely regardless of what's in my bladder . Pondering what to do today this last Sunday of August. Still summer but feeling more like autumn than Sunday morning. I purchased bacon yesterday I'm thinking of frying it up under the pretense of making BLT's soon. I didn't go to the food bank yesterday I still have to hydroponics (Tomatoes)that I need to use. I think they would make great BLT's. Not to wander too far but I need to call Amy see if she's got in tomatoes this summer she grows the best tomatoes. Amy was in the office next to mine when I worked for the Council and every summer she would bring in huge firm tomatoes she grew.Sadly, the past couple of summers have not been good summers for raising tomatoes too hot or too dry or something like that. I'm just hoping. Last week when I went to the food bank and I got those “real tomatoes” I've been hankering for Amy's.


Well I did the bacon and on top of that I also tried up the ribeye sliced steak I got last week but I don't know if I cooked myself out or what but I've lost all desire to make the BLTs I was so hot about. I was hoping to use the sliced ribeye steak to to jazz up the noodles I purchased yesterday but that didn't work out as like I wanted. The steak is pretty good but it's kind a greasy I guess I should've known better than to cook it in the remains of the fried bacon of this morning. I'll go ahead though and store the bacon with the ribeye and see what I can make later on in the week. I'm sure I will be more than happy to have the protein to munch on as the week goes on. I'm in more pain than I'd like to acknowledge today. My butt hurting that's okay because it's not like I was really go anywhere today though I did do a roll about early on just to boost the numbers on my odometer. I still have the goal to break 4000 by the end of the year are by the time that I order my next chair. I'm currently at 3878 miles. Each day ago between three and 4 miles if I'm lucky in my body can withstand the trauma of riding in this chair. Sometimes when I really want to face the cruel facts of life I think that my body is wearing out and of course that would be 

the butt since it has to withstand all the weight for my gut riding straight down on my right side sad. Once again I have to look in the bright side and realize that I may have to curtail time up, distance traveled or life lived. I really not trying to be cynical. I do look with some envy though at all the people walking around not even think about how lucky they have it to have a but they can sit on anytime they want, for as long as they want all day if they want to. I don't know what this life in particular the end-of-life sequence for me is going to be I'm going to try to stay positive as long as I can, enjoy my friends, enjoy my family enjoy my power chair and enjoy this life that I have for as long as I have it for as long as I can

No comments: