Friday, August 07, 2020

I Love Juanita!

 


Her name is Juanita “like Johnny but Juanita”. Juanita is my staff today because Annette my usual stuff is on vacation. Annette took the day to be with her family for a family reunion type function at Bear Lake. I certainly cannot fault Annette for wanted to be with family, this is one of the biggest events of the year that she looks forward to. Still that leaves me to have to deal with whose good take care of me while Annette is with family? I have learned enough to realize that it is my responsibility to make contact with the agency that I get my care workers from and to be sure that someone is on deck for subbing for my regular person. This I did and I found out that person would be Juanita. And I was fine with Juanita, Juanitahad been my staff before and she had done great Juanitathe light on the English department but she's bright, young and willing to learn. She take direction well. I'm cool for this morning.


Want to make sure that there would be is little problem as possible this morning. I even plugged in the battery last night to make sure the battery would have a full charge this morning. Right after putting yesterday's copy to warm my took out the battery from the charger on plugged it back in the left. I of course tried the lift which worked fine. Everything was A-OK. I was just finishing my coffee when I heard the knock on the door and welcomed Juanita in and we got to work. Plugging the battery back in the lift was a bit of a challenge but she adapted well. Got myself slinged up and lifted me up. When Juanita position me over the shower chair and got ready to insert my suppository for one reason or another the left ceased to work! I thought I was watching at the time and did not see any thing that Juanita that could of caused the left to stop working.

Granted the lift is older is no question. I also need to order in another battery for the lift so that I have a backup. The other problem is the batteries are strapped into the battery container which straps in the left. I notice the tape seems to be wearing out and that batteries move around a lot. I thought a lot of possibilities for why the lifted stop working. My confusion was that just seconds before the lift worked fine to raise me from my chair to move the to the shower chair and four suppository insertion. Something happened along the line don't know what. So in my mind full of superstitious behaviors I had Juanita insert and remove the battery numerous times. I even had her stick the battery into the charger and hopes to “jumpstart the battery into using its full charge” what they said I'm full of superstitious behavior. Now remember, I'm sitting in the sling hovering over nothing and I can feel my head getting a bit dizzy, I'm feeling lightheaded and I can feel the straps digging into my skin and probably blocking off by arteries and veins. But, if the lift wasn't working there is no way I was getting down anytime soon back into my chair. There is no emergency override on this lift system (which kind irks me). The only option was to call UFD(Unified Fire District) i.e. the local fire department. They would have the manpower to lift me up and and sling me. I had Juanita grab my cell phone my arms were about asleep from lack of circulation and I couldn't reach the cell phone anyway and Juanita was trying to move the phone so that my fingers hit the buttons 911 that was a joke. The whole thing look like a scene from I Love Lucy with me being Lucy and Juanita being Ethel Mertz. We finally did make the call. I was beginning to think I was going to pass out but still messing around with the buttons on the the left Juanita finally hit the right button and suddenly the lift sprung to life. Somehow, unbeknown to me, Juanita had turned off the lift. It really was a comedy. This is about the same time that five masked firemen stormed the room. They were really nice and were glad that we are safe and gotten the problem solved.


I was happy to get the blood back and bite arms and legs and I got a great shower but it was quick because Juanita had to get on the road quickly to get her next job and we lost so much time in the air in the sling. All's well that ends well but we got a love my version of I Live Juanita



No comments: