Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Tuesday's Miracle




 Dan the guy Who used to be at UATP which used to be CREATE Had made arrangements with my last Thursday to drop by and looked at my power chair On Tuesday evening to give me some assistance with my batteries on my backup chair my backup chair and see the batteries check the batteries. I of course totally spaced the whole thing off the who appointment so, true to form. I'm sitting here at my computer getting ready to write my blog and there's a knock on the door and it's Dan. What's even more provoking to me is that half an hour earlier I was struggling with my screen door to my apartment patio. I of course of destroyed something on the screen door and now the door seems to jump off the rail w hen I slide the door back and forth going in our out to the patio. This happened over the weekend but I was able, after a good deal struggle to (I thought) to the screen door back on the rails and it seemed to be working just fine until this afternoon when it once again jumped the rails I tried to get back on track it became more and more dysfunctional.


I was kind of hoping that Ted, the regular apartment engineer kind of guy who does all the maintenance stuff like putting screen doors back into place and factories worked on my stuff a couple of times  I need to have maintenance to do some more work obviously I was hoping he would come up with a new door that would have new door capabilities. That has not happened yet, perhaps I just need to put in my input and suggestions to hopefully get another door and I would like to get some pull handles on next door that I get so that I would not have this problem again. Of course, Teddy got home for the day and is by myself. I had all but given up any hope of sleeping with the screen door open last evening when I got the block in the door and down was there and was able to fix the door the second. They took the batteries out of my power chair and I sent him on his way. It was a minor miracle but a miracle just the same there's no way his showing up at my door when I needed help with the sliding door that all works out on one lucky guy.


Interestingly, my regular staff this morning did not show and I did the breaking in a new person but that's not what this post is about. The post is about the do controller I purchased last week from down and company broke this afternoon. The lever that controls the speed modulator. I was really concerned at first but realized that I could work around the problem. I can control speed is frustratingly hard but it's doable really have to do it one more day. I remembered that the plan was to charge the batteries on my backup chair and then reinstall them. Best part is that down would be in Salt Lake again on Thursday morning. I just have to get through Wednesday/today and head down to the shop right after coffee tomorrow. We'll either fix the modulator are install another controller. I didn't go anywhere today partially because I hate hobbling around with the broken chair. I didn't get as much down as I would like but do I ever I did go over to the park and hang out and got some more footage on the chair

No comments: