Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Consumer From Hell



It looks like I'm back out of the tarmac today which is okay except that I am beginning to think that I am running away from my apartment life.. It seems lately I can always find something to do which takes me away in many cases all day long. Secretly, I like that.

Today I'm going back down, first to Create to have Tom reposition my seat base on my power chair. When I went in to get some work done on my chair two days ago and replaced my front caster, which is been chewed up by my low hanging foot pedal, we moved my seat forward maybe 2 inches. The movement of the seat forward certainly assured longevity to my front caster but is basically wrecked any quality-of-life this silly piece of crap chair provides. Not only is it more difficult to reach things like sink faucets, bathroom faucets and other items in the kitchen I also and challenged with dressing, sitting more distorted and specifically more slouching in my chair making me said way back on my bum. So I'm just going to have to reposition my seat base and then either tilt back always when I'm going somewhere or live with the idea that I'll just have to replace the wheels of my chair every couple months if not weeks and that's not a doable thing financially. This was a straightforward operation to begin with so I do not see any issues returning the seat base to its original position but one never knows and I'm going early just to assure myself of enough time before my next appointment Midtown.

Today's board meeting for DRAC. If nothing else this event will be entertaining to me trying to see DRAC operate under some form of rules of order. I intend to go just because I seem to go just because I seem to have got myself up to my neck in DRAC business. I was thinking this morning in bed I do not know if getting back fullbore with DRAC is a good thing. But it seems to be where I am right now. Once again I'm seeing visions which bothered me earlier crop up. I must admit though being with DRAC certainly does keep me busy and allowed me to do some good even if not related to DRAC.

So I'm returning for services to the Create office. I often worry especially after I've tried to prosecute changes on my chair and life in general that I have not become the consumer from hell which I have so often placed this title on other consumers with disabilities when the becoming demanding, forthright self-assured and independent. Actually that's not half bad perhaps maybe there should be a course in the training of the consumer from hell.



No comments: