Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Van go


The cold front brought rain and much cooler temperatures. I shouldn't be such a wuss its not like it's snowing outside. But here I am hunkered down in front of my flatscreen this cold June morning not even thinking about going outside. In fact I'm feeling a bit guilty because on a normal Tuesday I would be outside the riding the bus going into standing meeting over at Assist. Inc. but it's the end of the year which means we're basically out of money and the people who serve know that so no one is submitting applications for assistance. Hence, no reason to to meet. I'm done with my audiobook from the library and the two discs I borrowed last week but I'm not going to turn these library items in. the're checked out till 20 June I have more than enough time to wait for the good weather to return. I have a Philip K Dick, I purchased a few months ago from the library book buyback which you keep me going until later this week when the temps rise again.

A couple weeks ago the resident advisor here at the apartments asked me if I wanted to sell my wheelchair van. I suppose he noticed I rarely use the vehicle and he has a nephew in Sheridan Wyoming was looking for an accessible van with hand controls. I didn't think much about it until yesterday when he came into assist me with my wheelchair pedals. He said the lad was coming into town was interested in looking at the vehicle. I said sure thinking in the back of my mind wow, I might really sell the thing which was a surprise.

I have been semi-frantically searching the apartment for the postcard I got from DMV indicating that I have until the end of this month to perform a safety inspection on the vehicle i.e. renew my plates. This isn't such a challenge if you're able-bodied but for me it means having to get the vehicle into the dealership, who does our/my inspections, and paying for all that. In the past Dianne has done this so I have not felt the pain. I would love to sell the van before I have to do this. I can do hate to let the van go but I tell you just dealing with American Family Insurance is just about one me out. Seems like I get a piece of mail from them every week saying how much I owe them. I almost had to pay $10 extra this month because I was late paying the insurance rate. So consider the insurance and the fact that I don't use the vehicle I really am ready to let the thing go.


I met the nephew last night came over to look at the van. Nice kid paraplegic twisted about three years ago so he is new. I'm surprised he wants a van very few paras I know drive vans. Maybe it's a big deal in Sheridan. The van was stone dead we had to find jumper cables and took 45 minutes to charge to turn the motor over but the kid took it out for a drive to charge up the battery, says that he likes it but I haven't heard anything more. I don't how much to ask for but would like 3500.oo out of the vehicle and dedicate the whole sum the home health care. I feel guilty selling the van since Dianne and I got it together kind of. But she's pretty much washed her hands of the vehicle when she dumped the vehicle on me indicating she can no longer really drive the thing with her bum arm. Anyway we'll have to see what happens. That would guarantee me home health services for the rest of the year.

No comments: