Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Such Is Life


Yesterday was not a nightmare but the day was a challenge. I slept pretty well thought, but when I got up I felt exhausted. The morning was overcast, a mess, it felt like winter lots of rain to start out with. I did not have my assistant meeting which meant I could stay in all day which I did. I actually thought I had a bit of a bladder infection but I got through the day a couple chair naps. I spent a good part of the day back working on my project scanning journal entries from 1988 onto the hard drive.I am making good progress and hope to get the blue binder done by Friday.

This morning I felt pretty good when I got up. I woke up first very early trained in action got back to sleep waking up again at seven. It was until couple hours later that suddenly I felt a squirt and new my day was going to be different than I had planned. The squirt became a gush and suddenly I knew I was sitting in a swamp of poop. I didn't feel necessarily disheartened. I knew this day would come eventually wasn't sure how I was going to handle it. Now the day was here. Stationed myself in the bathroom got my cell phone and called Honey. Honey of course was with the patient and she directed me over to Joe , the boss. I waited probably 45 minutes just in the bathroom when Joe showed up.

Just seems to be a great guy and runs a pretty good company I certainly enjoyed working with Honey. We had a good visit probably clean me up. Didn't feel too bad about having to call the service since this was my usual day for health support. Honey of course would not have to be over tonight since I did everything this morning. Joe got me dressed again in my chair. I am not on my usual cushion but so far I have not had any issues. We do have the cushion wrapped in one of the chux. Joe found the poop stopper In the cabinet: Imodium. Took big shot of that hopefully that'll stop the progress. I hate not being able to take care of myself.

I saw Jim when I went down to check my mail, after getting dressed and sent Joe on his way. Jim let me know that Kordell is going to buy the van and is working on putting together the money now. I really hope he's able to get funding he needs. Again I want to use the money set aside the sum to pay for home health support like this morning's intervention.


I thought sure I had another novel on CD to read/listen to while I worked on my scanning project but when I dug it out this morning I found it was cassette tapes that the novel was on. I don't feel comfortable enough to leave the apartment right this minute waiting for the rest of the day. So I guess I'll have to listen to NPR and do my scanning and move slowly so as not to do any more pooping. So I know now what the process is when this happens again and it will happen again such is life.

No comments: