Sunday, June 11, 2017

Shine Your Light On Me


I know, I've written about Andrew numerous times. But you know what? I never get tired of Andrew. Andrew fascinates me and I really like him. I don't know if he likes me. Sometimes I sort of think he just tolerates me but then again sometimes I think Andrew just tolerates everyone. That's okay I kind of understand. If I was as smart as Andrew I think I would probably feel the same way.

Yesterday at the healthcare rally I was pleased to see Andrew at the gathering. I really wasn't sure quite how to interface with the lad. I do not see Andrew as much as I once did when I was employed and would ride the train every day. Now it seems I just see Andrew at functions like the healthcare rally. Andrew was there to be part of the rally to make a presentation and of course be seen. I just note that seems a bit distant recently. I thought about going up and talking to him immediately but held off because of this distance thing and I wondered if he was thinking that about me. Hard to say. I really admire Andrew's ability to communicate with people. I also am envious of Andrew's intellect . Andrew has a sharp mind and great recall which facilitates his ability to be a shining light in the local political arenas. My light is quite dim especially sitting next to someone like Andrew. Anyway, I spent some time visiting with Stan (see yesterday's post) and I was a little concerned that Andrew would think I was snubbing him. But I was not. I eventually did go up and try to say hi. And you and I've had this interesting relationship where whenever we would meet each other we addressed each other by our surnames. In Andrew's case Mr. Riggle which he would reply Mr. Smith. Yesterday as I saluted him as Mr. Riggle he responded by saying “hi Mark”. A bit taken aback I just sort of blew it off. But I continue to wonder why the change.

I really enjoyed the time I spent at the rally. I really had no responsibility except to be there and to wander around and be seen and make some contacts but they were few. I did sign wanted to of the documents they had floated around. I did visit with Deeda an individual I knew slightly in the past when I was involved with housing and low income folks but recently she has come into my universe again. I sense I'm going to be working with her more in the next few weeks. I will be doing a profile on Deeda in the near future. I consider the morning quite productive for me. It got me out of the apartment, got me involved with the public function and gave me something to report back to my healthcare provider come Monday when she asks what I did over the weekend – – she always asks what I did over the weekend. Which are used to resent but now I really appreciate because what times than not is the main reason I got out and was social. That I need to do more.


I missed the closeness I want had with Andrew, and maybe I was majorly mistaken. Perhaps we were not close at all to ships passing on the train.

No comments: