Saturday, June 17, 2017

Finger Licking Good


My home health person is Honey. I have written about Honey before. This is not a blog about Honey this is a blog about Honey's influence on me. Friday's when she attends to me she always asked me what I'm going to do over the weekend than Mondays she thousand up asking what I did over the weekend. However annoying this might be it motivates me to do something and think of doing something so I have an adequate answer to these questions and do not feel like such a loser. Today I was not going to do anything except stay in and work on my journal project which is basically scanning pages from my journals over the years. This is a tedious and arduous project but one has to be done. Yesterday I actually went to the library and got a noddy about to help me get through this task this weekend but the book leaves a great deal to be desired. I listen to it last night and it just does not grab me the way a book needs to. However I do not feel well enough to trust my bowels to go all the way into the library sermon listen to it some more today while I scan.

This morning was so beautiful that I couldn't stay in. Even though I had adequate coffee, the coffee is not great coffee. So I went next door to a little coffee shop got half a pound of Italian roast to mix with the adequate coffee. Now I have something to tell Honey. It's all about ready to to start scanning when I remembered I was out of body soap – that's I think that's what they call it now – – so I threw my pack over my shoulder and headed for the market. I even went to the drugstore and priced body washes against the price at the Fresh Market that I go to. Fresh Market won. I got a number of items for the bathroom to either put on the “back up shelf” or the body wash which which I got a pretty good deal by getting one of those bundled two-for-one options. I really don't care what kind of body wash I'm using as long as I have it and Honey doesn't bother me about not having any.

So this task done I should go home and have lunch. I have a number of items I could have had for lunch but I couldn't bring myself to go back to the apartment. I decided instead for no good reason to treat myself to fast food and not only any fast food but super greasy fast food. There is a KFC in the parking lot of the market and I have never really been inside which I think is kind of astounding. Then I am shocked, I realized I am just about, exactly one month away from the 51st anniversary of my spinal cord injury when I was working for a KFC. Inside the KFC, I found the place almost empty. I was dismayed the choices one has any more somewhat limited. I really wanted original style chicken wings but the only candidate chicken wings one can get at a KFC anymore are some kind of barbecue wings which I hardly think is fair.the closest thing I could get was a five dollar meal which included drumstick and a thigh. So I got the chicken parts described, mashed and gravy, one biscuit and a cookie and the drink. I kept seeing myself as a poster child for senior citizens. Old man eating by himself at a KFC. How pathetic. The image posted with this post is a picture of my table somehow reminds me of a scene out of 2001 a Space Odyssey.


The meal was surprisingly good at least I was surprised but best of all have something to tell Honey come Monday.

No comments: