Saturday, June 10, 2017

"Me" Day



I was not sure what to expect today at the healthcare rally which is held at the federal building downtown Salt Lake. That gotten a number of notices on my Facebook and email accounts plus be involved with DRAC this week there is a strong push to have the DRAC folks show up and even man the table they had at the rally. It was sort of a private nonprofit free-for-all. It's kind of weird how this kind of public action almost direct action has become a venue for setting up tables and passing out information at the tables and doing even some recruitment. I'm not saying it's bad I'm just saying it's kind of weird.

Didn't have anything going today I could have stayed home cleaned up little bit, wash clothes or even enter pages from my journals to the hard drive – – which is one of my new projects. But I felt an inch to be involved with something today, to go out and do something. I was really decadent and possibly irresponsible by taking myself out to breakfast on the way to the bus stop. So I guess is making a" me" Day – – it's kind of joke aren't they all "me" days anymore?

I wasn't sure where the park was we were supposed to me that which is okay I noticed a family with with cardboard signs under the arms and I figured mirror on their way to the premeeting. There is to be a gathering point that city Creek Park and then march as a group downhill to the federal building, symbolic home of our federal legislators. The initial meeting was called for 10 we got there a little bit afterwards but I was pleased to see a lot of my friends there for singles in wheelchairs. We marched and we chanted and ended up at the federal building. Of course there were even more people at the federal building with music playing in the background. I kind of rolled around make contact with some of the folks that I knew. It didn't take long to get the show on the road. There are a number of speakers that did the usual moaning and groaning. There were a couple good speakers as always and soon I had to go to the bathroom. It look like there had been no thought about this issue luckily we were down town next to Harmon's market downtown. They have great bathrooms. When I got back everything was wrapping up just great well like it. But touch base with a couple of the folks I work with the DRAC. Make contact with couple of the local leaders make sure they knew that I had been there. Not that it mattered but I just wanted them to know. My buddy Stan was there. I use have been more and more impressed with Stan over the last couple months I've seen become much more involved in the political process which is good. I'm not sure whether she really believes there are issues as far as the federal government cutting our support systems but he sure is out there now which is good glad to see that. That stand the top of the page is an artist now I think he's even going to make his living with he art which really impresses me.

 I went and I'm glad I went and was part of something bigger than myself this Saturday

No comments: