Saturday, June 24, 2017

Loki's Tricks


I've spent the last half hour looking for my black foam spacer that I used to support myself and my power chair.I won't say that it's vital but it's certainly something that I use on a regular basis for comfort as well as something that betters my physical appearance. So my scoliosis doesn't curve meets so bad in my chair. I definitely need to have the foam when I use my hand bike to exercise with to keep me sitting fairly straight. Otherwise I just leaned over the side of my chair. The point that I really want to make the fact that lately my apartment has been a series of vortexes I think places where things disappear and pop-up later. I would like to think these vortexes, if governed at all, are done just by chance and I don't know why I would have myself caught in a vortex storm – – however if these vortexes are maneuvered and guided by an intelligent force that it is diabolical. Things pop into the vortex and they're gone the matter how I looked high and low I cannot find them and then it seems they will show up as simple as that. Often the items that disappear are minimal like socks, gloves may be during the winter season spices and other items in the kitchen that are needed from time to time. Recently I've seen this phenomenon happen more and more and it just totally irksome.

A couple months ago I purchased a roll of Dycem fabric.Dycem comes on a roll the thin piece of rubbery fabric that's slightly adhesive. I first learned about this material in rehabilitation. It's great for folks who are quadriplegic such as myself. It allows us to hold on to stuff. I have course of begin using it for all manners of need most is specifically the wraparound one of my sticks. I used the coated stick them to get my pants off in the evenings and to help raise my legs in the mornings when I dress. I got the Dycem a few months ago and used a few pieces and then the box seem to have gotten swallowed by the vortex. I could not find it anywhere I became so vexed that I was almost beside myself. Eventually, I decided I cannot wait any longer and ordered a new role of Dycem, red.

Now as I indicated I sometimes feel a malevolent spirit our intelligence operating these vortex because no sooner than I take steps to replace the item or substance I cannot find without a doubt the original will pop up. This happened earlier this week when the new box of red Dycem arrived at my doorstep. The UPS man as usual dropped the envelope containing my Dycem in front of my door unbeknownst to me and my good neighbor knocked on the door to advise me that I had a package. I opened the door and sure enough there was my Dycem. I thanked my neighbor profusely and rolled into my desk representatives and open up the envelope and there was my brand-new box of red Dycem. Within seconds after opening the box Dycem I glanced up upper right there under a pile of papers boxes and such was my role of black Dycem. I know I've searched that shelf a dozen times in my quest for this material not to find it there at all and now, big as Dallas there's my Dycem.


I now have two boxes of Dycem fabric. Probably $46 worth. I'm not going to beat myself up because I will use all of this Dycem at one point or another it's just an excellent device for people with limited hand function. But I just wish Loki or whoever would leave me alone and stop hiding my stuff.

No comments: