Friday, June 09, 2017

Getting Left Behind

I have recently come to terms with the fact that I'm really an old guy. I used to think I was pretty well with it especially in the area of technology. I worked at the state, I ran a information line and we get a lot of stuff on the Internet. I was a little bit too early for Facebook and Instagram and social media platforms. I hear on my news programs like Morning Edition and All Things Considered that Facebook is now passé. Old folks are the ones who are using Facebook now. And I fall right into that group and I hate it . I tried to keep up I even got an Instagram account but I immediately lost interest when I was trying to set up the stupid thing and had to deal with all the things like · passwords, user names and all that stuff. I just couldn't do it. I don't know how long ago that was could've been over a year. In fact a minute ago I actually went to Instagram and was shocked to find how much I'd done to develop a presence on that platform.

I want to say “why?” Is not Facebook enough? But then the second I say that I didn't image in my mind of me talking to my late great neighbor Al, trying to explain the need for involvement in Facebook. He just looked at me tilted head and smiled. I understand that look now. It's I would look at Little Mark if you trying to tell me how good Instagram and how I should be part of the Instagram family.there's also Snap Chat. That's got some great feature that vaporizes an image you send someone half an hour or whatever after you send it which makes me think of all the reasons one would want a snap chat account these folks are up to something they don't want really broadcast out there. Just for the fun of it I thought about enrolling and Snap Chat but again the process was inundating and finally defeated me or my desire to send timed images of myself. It's sort of like that old quote “nothing good happens after 10 PM”. Boy, that sounds like the lyrics from a country-western song.

Social media is the realm for the young and I suppose the young at heart, which breaks my heart that I am no longer among that group.



No comments: