Thursday, May 31, 2018

Is Everybody Happy?



I just finished a search of my blog. I searched for the word “van”. I'm looking for recent posts regarding my wheelchair van. I was astonished to find out how many postings have made regarding my vehicle over the past how many years I've been doing this blog. I must've read about seven or eight posts before I got bored and decided I had not recently blogged about my current transportation issue. Infact it was last year about this time that I had anticipated the sale of my vehicle.

My vehicle had sat in our back parking lot here at the apartments for more than a year without moving. The possibility of selling my vehicle had vanished when the little paraplegic to the major mind change and move back to Wyoming. This of course was after he advised me not to renew my tags on my license on my vehicle indicating he for sure was going to purchase my van. I did not renew my van and of course he backed out of the deal at the last moment and returned to Wyoming. I of course immediately lost interest in the vehicle, the battery lost its charge and there the van has rested.

Couple of months ago my brother Paul reminded everyone we decided for another family reunion for this summer. Of course the reunion will be here and here is the for my benefit since I don't know how I can travel anymore especially being single now. I have been concerned about how I was going to go to the reunion but after my brother Carl requested I was able to contact Taylorsville Park and secure one of the pavilions for the reunion. Taylorsville Park is across the street from our apartment complex. I thought sure my stress level that would go down. It has become traditional that are reunions that there is a family dinner at a restaurant the night before the reunion. The day of the reunion in the evening after the festivities at the park are aware of the reunion is held the family again comes together for an evening my brother Carl's home in Murray. This function is pretty much held in the backyard and it's basically accessible to my power chair but barely. I can really miss this portion of the function. I feel kind of left out because I can't get to work the major portion of the family is sitting. Dianne and I were together at the last reunion so we sat together. The family wants me to be at that function and I'm trying to figure out how to do that. Of course, if I had a legal van I could just drive, if I had a drivers license which I don't. So my brother Paul has volunteered to drive me and I need to get my vehicle registered.

Earlier this week I made arrangements with my cousin, the Mechanic Man (that is the name of his shop, he does automotive repair), Who came over and picked up my van day before yesterday. I'm going to see if I can get the vehicle registered and covered with insurance for the time I will need to have a legal vehicle. I found out today the least I can ensure my vehicle is for two months or that's what I must purchase is two months of coverage. I still do not have a number one but that'll cost. The insurance folk cannot finish their bid because they have to have license numbers, names of anyone who might be transporting me in my vehicle was likely my brother Paul, my brother Carl or my son Mark Anthony. I guess this sounds easy but seems daunting to me. Try to get this finished by next weekend the date of the reunion. The more I've pondered this issue the more I realize I don't have a van. The local Company has two wheelchair accessible vehicles into drivers. At best being able to call and have a vehicle ready immediately sounds and feels like that is not possible but I have not had any problems with them when I've needed to use the private taxi People. True I had to wait quite a while for one of my needs but was able to get it covered eventually. Having said this, I almost been assured that there will not be a vehicle ready when I need it… But I could be wrong I still have to contact the Company to see if there's any way to set aside or reserve the cab for when I need the cab which means for sure there will not be one available for when I need one..

I think I've done driving and vehicle ownership. I'm happy with public transit and the occasional taxi. I hope I'll be able to make myself and my family happy.

No comments: