Tuesday, October 08, 2019

Butt Wound



Thank goodness there is not a Assist meeting today. I felt my but last night it felt pretty ragged. It'd been sore, kind of, during the day but I put on bag balm and the regular stuff with hopes that during the night the issue would lighten but this morning skin did feel a bit more supple but there is definitely something going on. I decided I would no longer be frightened or intimidated by the skin breakdown so I reached around with my cell phone and did a click and actually got a good visual. There is definitely skin breakdown and I'm going to have to take some steps. I can just kick myself, yesterday when Annette was here doing my morning routine I even mention the fact that I wanted the “extra skin” applied but I was already dressed and in my chair when I remembered That I was going to have my butt look at and dressed. She offered to sling me back up in the body left but I just said “no” I was stupid. I should've had her do the job.

Today am going to lay low maybe even go back to bed if I feel the need. Luckily, the power chair with its lean back function can give me is much weight reduction on the affected area is laying down (this is what I like to believe anyway). If I lay my chair back and then kind of turn on my side I should be okay. I really want to spend some time outside in the sun today because the warm days of this year are surly and swiftly going away. I am really fostering the belief that if I am fairly cautious in how I sit on my wounds today and then have Annette tomorrow apply the dressing I hope I will be okay by Thursday to go out to bookclub. I'm really going to have to take care of myself. I woke this morning early is always but I was worrying about Larry Orr and how it sounds like he's getting close to the end of the road that bums me out terribly. And I can see how easy that can be which is made me focus on my own care and how I take care of myself. A person who has some basic rudimentary skills and self maintenance should not die from decubitus sores. I mean I have, thankfully, the ability to throw myself to bed and get myself up. I can take care of myself the question is will I? That's so stupid if I don't but I just hate to be down. I can heal this wound I don't think Larry can come back from where he's going.There are a host of reasons why I miss having Dianne in my life in one of those reasons is that she does such a great job of healing on me. She knows how to apply the second skin and how to keep me going.I guess I should've put this warning at the beginning of the website like I did the nude website but I'm posting this picture of my but anyway just to show the abrasion/pressure sore they seem to be fostering. So if any of you have the extra energy said the blessing my way to can't hurt by the way have a great day…

No comments: