Monday, October 14, 2019

Just Shoot Me… With the Vaccine



I really thought getting inoculated is going to be easy. The hard part, I thought, was going to be forcing myself The saddle up and head down to the pharmacy and get and do the deed. I heard that there was some shortage of vaccines but I wasn't really sure what they were talking about. In fact, I was so pleased with myself at making the decision to be totally proactive against the flu this season that I was going to just have the physician administer the shots when I saw her a couple weeks ago at IHC/the death Star and sure enough I waltzed right out of the clinic without the inoculations and I even brought it up at the beginning of the appointment. We just got to visiting so deeply enjoying each other's company so much that my medical pro-activity went just right out the window.

Now, like a child deprived of their favorite toy, I was single-minded in my commitment to getting protection against the coming flu season. I'd been doing a lot of trading recently at the Walmart up on corner so I figured what the heck out to stop in there. I ask the pharmacist what the process was and he frowned and shook his head and informed me that they were out of not only the high dose vaccine as well as the regular dosage. I asked if he knew when they were and have more vaccine and he just shook his head and pulled his shoulders up indicating he didn't know. Then last week the grapes went on sale at my Fresh Market just down the street and across the street from my bus stop I thought what the hack. In there and get some grapes and as I did that I thought well I'll check in with the pharmacist. I was not very pleased with their pharmacy for about a year now. I stopped in the pharmacy a few months ago asking for some kind of medication, I cannot remember what, but they were really jerks and I started going to the pharmacy next-door (which is now gone out of business) but I thought I'd give it a shot. This experience was a bit better. I was given an audience with the pharmacist by the name of Bruce. Bruce seemed capable And I seem to take an immediate liking to the guy. He really seem to be trying but the same time he informed me that they had no high-dose vaccine. He did say they had low dose and immediately I was thrown into a quandary of what I should do. My insurance cover one pharmacy visit for vaccinations or a specific vaccination. I didn't even know if when she had the low dose could take a high-dose on top of it and would it make any difference. He didn't know and I certainly didn't want to have to go through this whole thing again so, I had them administer the low dose vaccine and hoping all is well. This morning I felt invigorated so I saddled up and took the bus over to IHC/The DeathStar. I had called and made an appointment and I was pleased that I was able to get there in time though it didn't make any difference because once the receptionist found out what I wanted which is just basically counseling on whether I needed a vaccination or no. They didn't have any high dose flu vaccines either and didn't know when more would be coming in. She was able to produce the ledger Of all the vaccinations I've had. And we came to the conclusion that I didn't need anymore. Well I do need shingles vaccination but they're out of vaccine for that as well. She thinks I'll be okay until the shingles vaccine shows up. I'm just amazed. I smiled, and rolled away knowing I did as good as I could do for this day…

I'm just amazed at the fact that there is no vaccine for the flu out there right now except for hit and miss supplies. Luckily I found some regular dose vaccine and I'm crossing my fingers that this will do. I've gotten pretty paranoid lately all the talk about seniors this and senior that and people disabilities be in a high risk for some of this influenza stuff. Just do the best you can, get your inoculations and sleep with the covers over your head…

No comments: