Sunday, October 27, 2019

Choosing Parents



Frigid air came down today dropped down from Canada today producing snow in bringing really cold temperatures to the valley floor which is okay by me it's not like I had anything on my agenda for this Sunday. I  just stayed inside work little bit on some of the filing I need to get done and wait for my son, Mark Anthony to drop by. I'd not seen Mark for a couple weeks and was a bit anxious. I also needed the use this skill sets see if he can do anything with my arm bike and lucky me he was able to flip a couple switches and bring my arm bike back online – – good as new. I still don't know why I how the programs got messed up that's essentially what happened. Mark essentially just had to reset the program selection.

March visit was short but he is also able to help with providing me some file folders which I was out of and was able to pick up some of the filing had fallen to the floor. He said he was impressed with how organized/clean the apartment appeared. I frankly couldn't see it that but he would know. Is visibly tired if not exhausted so I chased them out of here fairly soon. We had been able to visit and he was able to get me going again on my physical workout routine. I'll be glad to use it tomorrow. I'm certainly fortunate to have my son in my life and come over and help me when I need it. Like most parents I don't feel I see him enough are the other kids as well but is now at all parents think and feel particularly as they age? I may have briefly touched on this before and one of my previous posts but I have two kids biologically speaking – – Mark Anthony and Laurie Michelle. Laurie lives up north and west with her mother in Salem and Mark lives here. I did not know until a couple months ago when visiting Michelle that they had divvied us up. Mark Anthony getting me and Laurie Michelle getting Karen/Shannon and of course that makes sense all the way around it's just until that point I had never thought of them being custodial kids. When I say custodial I mean them each having custody of one of the parents. This kind of freaked me out at first thinking that was I at that point, where in the ancient days when the clans still hung together I would be the ancient lump of clay sitting in the corner of the hooch next to the fire and if I was lucky perhaps that would've been my job as being the fire tender. I would've loved to have been like the father in last the Mohicans, that Mohican that ran with the main character in the movie. He was part of that group and tell he got killed. Now, we don't do anything that exciting anymore really except just exist is independently as we can and perhaps our biggest and best contribution is just staying now the kids hair and being is independent as possible for as long as possible. Two of my friends with physical disabilities are both going through some significant physical/medical challenges right now. If I think about it too much I get frightened when I think about how tenuous my living situation is and how lucky I am to be as independent as I am for as long as I can be. I just don't know how long that will be I just hope got a couple good years left. Just a few radical thoughts on the cold Sunday night…

No comments: