Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Just Role With It…



I have a pain in my mouth a dull constant pain like a bad marriage. Every once in awhile a few sharp jags on the pain inventory your eyes blur, your headaches and you know you have to get up and do something about the situation, but then you go back to sleep or nothing else happens and I figure I can endure the situation of the pain for another day which then wanders into another week and possibly another year.

More often than not the sharp jagged, like pith in the eyeball, exquisite pain which draws you up into a spastic ball and holds you there until sensation passes and the body relaxes allowing you to fall into some sort of sleep regardless of the dull perfect moan of oral discomfort. Sometimes I can take an aspirin and cut the oral pain but like the bad marriage analogy it always comes back it's always there mocking me until I know I've got to do something or know that I will suffer the pain forever possibly eternity, again like a bad marriage... For time and all eternity...So go the ramblings of my immediate post conscious moments as I wake. This morning these came to me probably 4:45 AM. I have to admit that I really have had no oral discomfort all day except for some pizza and hamburger patty had made over the weekend which I took with me to catch the bus for my 1 o'clock meeting this afternoon. Luckily, I left the enough time that I explored too fast convenient stores and actually found a nice package of little white devices, Floss picks, to run between your teeth to extract impacted food. The pizza wasn't too bad it was the hamburger patty which was my nemesis today. I was very fortunate because I went to a Maverick station And there was nothing there any area of dental/oral support Actually I “jumped over” a 7 – 11And they not only had a better selection of oral supports the actually had a little package of white plastic floss picks, you know the little device with floss on one end stretched across the small gap to run between your teeth and on the other end of the device is a pic that I suppose one could dislodge matter between the teeth are close to it under the gums. 36 that the little buggers for less than two bucks that was a deal I felt blessed.

I know I'm being a bit histrionic focusing on these “bad” things would seem to be happening in my life right now. The truth is my teeth or what's left of my teeth have spread out a bit causing anything I chew to become wedged the teeth and into the gums as I continue to masticate. I understand now why senior/elderly characters which Charles Dickens wrote about being left to a diet of mass potatoes or oatmeal probably for the rest of their lives. Luckily the all died young in those days-consider Ebenezer Scrooge eating is cold porridge the night just before the ghosts begin their appearances. Kind of sad that that's what's left for folks like me, taking away one of life's joyous events of masticating your own food. So, I'm carrying floss picks for the rest of my life – – which is okay by me their worst things that can happen. I seriously don't want to lose any more teeth. I mean if I want to spend the money I'll bet I can get those fake teeth. I guess I can get hold alone on my visa or something and pay off the debt or die whichever comes first. They say that that process painless but I don't buy it, anytime to drilling directly in the year job on the insert these teeth like appendages as gotta be some discomfort I'm sorry but life is life.

The pain that I'm yammering about in the first paragraph is residual from the last couple of visits to my dentist where he saved the tooth that sheared off a piece of the tooth and he had to put a cap on it. So I know the tooth is okay – – I hope – – I just probably need to bring this up to the dentist see what he says. I need to do that or stop complaining and just roll with it seriously just roll with it…
.


No comments: