Thursday, October 03, 2019

Open The Pod Bay Doors, HAL…




I've written about Annette my home health provider before and how professional and how helpful she is to me as she goes about providing my services in the morning. She actually does housecleaning while I'm sitting on the toilet waiting to run through my bowel program. Yesterday it went a step further in that she came back to the apartment later on that afternoon and voluntarily provided me two hours of housekeeping services! How great is that? How lucky am I?! Well in this flurry of cleaning we attacked the pile in my bedroom and one of the things in that pile was a huge (for me it's huge anyway) flatscreen television That one of the folks at the apartment complex where I live gave me more than a year ago. Probably now more like two years ago. Anyway, I never got around to having the flatscreen installed anywhere in my apartment. Possibly because the flatscreen is old technology, I'm sure that's one of the reasons my friend Janet was giving the flatscreen away. It's I don't know how many generations old it is but is quite thick compared to flat screens now days. I also couldn't figure out where to install it at and I didn't really have the drive/energy to try to find the right mounting hardware and find a volunteer support to make the installation. So it's just sat there against the wall, in its box mocking me and pulling in all kinds of debris around it, sheet protectors, Clothes I've grown out of, kangaroo bags and list goes on. I'm sure there's some sort of scientific description of how things get attached to things just by being there closest thing I can think of is “nature abhors a vacuum”


You might also remember that my brother Carl was going to pick up the vacuum at Walmart can bring it over this afternoon which he did. So I was fortunate to have Carl and Annette both working on my apartment in different ways a lot got done. I actually culled a lot of Pieces of clothing send them either to a trash bag are a bag headed for the thrift store. My brother was going to take the big screen to the thrift store then remember he didn't have his pickup truck and would do it today. Anyway, the boxed flatscreen was left standing at the foot of my bed like the monolith in 2001 a space Odyssey but it was a short monolith not reaching the top of the foot of the bed and of course I knocked it over when I got into bed. It took a little bit of finagling and a lot of work but this morning I managed to push the monolith/flatscreen away from the doorway into the middle of the room where I could get around my power chair. I couldn't shake the scene from 2001 a space Odyssey alluded to earlier. This would be great fodder in making up parody of this great film may be having a mix of 2001 a space Odyssey and Scrooged. Regardless of the parity whether it is A monolith for little people or a monolithic caricature of Christmas Passed I still have to get my coffee first thing and that's all there is to it…

No comments: