Sunday, October 13, 2019

Sunday Night Pizza





This is not a before and after picture actually the picture on top is the second pizza which is not yet been cooked

I've been so proud of myself this last week writing my blog entries early in the day like I used to do when I worked for the state as well as independent living – – though when I worked for independent living I did not have a blog that was pre-blog actually that's when I was faithfully writing my journal everyday which is not quite the same as a blog but kinda. I'm really trying to get back in the mode of writing early in the day but I'm fresh I think I've gone over that little bit already but that didn't happen today. The day was so fantastic, clear and warm, there are not many of these days left in this season. So, like the irresponsible writer that I am I put off writing until now. I don't feel as bad physically as I thought it might but still I can do better.

I destroyed my kitchen today. What was somewhat ordered quads I clean until this afternoon. Yesterday when I was at the market, or possibly day before, I really got a hankering for homemade pizza. I don't know if it was the pizza itself Or remembering making the homemade pizza in the old days. I copped out however I did not make the dough. I elected to purchase the pizza crusts already made then I just have to decorate them. I got shredded cheese from the food bank couple weeks ago and not use them yet plus I bought a mix of pizza cheeses shredded. I figured I just had to chop the green pepper, onion, all as I actually bought a box of chopped mushrooms when I got the pizza crusts at the market. So I figured easy peezee is just a matter of throwing them all together and throw them in the oven. I was actually going to do the anchovies but finally got intimidated after seeing pictures of Anchovy-pizza. Didn't want to risk losing a whole pizza because of the anchovies and I would hate them in the end.

I don't have a really good way to get the pizza in our out of the oven which kind of vexes me to no end. I've gotta figure out something however because after today I'm not can make another pizza until I had this figured out. The problem I'm having or one of the problems I'm having Is moving in this loaded pizza in its raw form into the oven which is like 450° and by the same issue of getting the thing out at 450°. Usually, I'm making just one pizza and what I've done in the past is let the oven cool to the point where I can actually reach in and grab the pan but today was a no go. I actually had the pizza slip off the pan when I was trying to put it into the oven and it cost a lot of smoke one part of the crust hit when the burners. It took a bit I thought I was going lose the whole thing but I caught it in the last seconds and scooted it back on the round pan And at least got cooking. I was okay for 12 minutes, the cooking time. In this time I decorated the other pizza crust as well this time using ham for the meat topping and not the hamburger. Of course, there is so much he coming out of the oven when is trying to get the pizza cool off to the point of handling set off the fire alarms. So it was a call to the front office to the resident advisor to turn off the alarms.

I almost lost the cooked pizza as it was going down and is trying to reach down to the oven and pull it out luckily for me the pizza crust almost cardboard (the way I like it) allowed me to at least snag it before it hit the floor and took some finagling and using a square pan with sides to pull it out which I did finally. Was not the best pizza I've ever made but I sure like the pizzas I make their crunchy full of taste. I too intimidated to cook the other pizza go to see if I can save it for tomorrow and have my home health person put it in a out of the oven – – is that too weak?

The place is almost at zero entropy. I've spent the morning trying to file into the new cabinets I got some done I still have much to do. I'm toying with the idea that once I get the files put away then the apartment will take care of itself. I'm not kidding myself that I don't need a clean person I definitely do boy do I need one. Anyway, what a wonderful day and I got to make pizza…


No comments: