Thursday, October 24, 2019

Uhm,Uhm Good




I was kind of excited. On the way home from the movies yesterday I stopped at T.J. Maxx and was really looking for some “S” hooks for the rack in my kitchen. The last hooks I got I purchased from the Internet and the last time I was in T.J. Maxx I wondered if they had those books but I didn't look. The have a lot of cooking things so I figured I'd check before I ordered again off the net. Well, they did not have the bucks but they had some cute microwavable covered bowls that would be just perfect for heating up soup there about five dollars a piece so I got two of them.

I actually had some soup that I made last week in the refrigerator that I needed the use and get out of the coldbox. What a great reason to use the new purchases. Larger of the vessels which I guess was for soup and such worked really great for the first helping that I heated up. That was so good that I decided I would finish off the soup free at the container and give my new cooking toy a workout. I don't know what I was thinking but I had pulled the soup from the microwave placed it on the countertop and was going to move it onto my lap board to carry over to this TV is involved in a movie. I was not paying attention and I went to move in another direction and all the sudden all that hot soup tumbled right into my lap. Luckily or unlikely it's hard to say but the strap that holds my legs together took most of the heat are soup. However, a couple of spoonfuls tablespoons seeped over under my leg. It raised a couple of blisters. In the old days I would adjust checked out the damage and if it wasn't losing her blood or anything like that I just go on about my day. There was a little pain at the burn site not too bad and the wounds weren't that bad either barely a blister but in the new commitment to help I decided I would dress the wound myself then in the morning go over to the dock in a box around the corner and have the people there check it out. I figured that dress the wound in turn me loose.

The clinic did not open until 9 o'clock and I have the 930 coffee group on Thursdays of course so I did the group that came back the apartment drained and headed out. Got the bus which drops me off right across the street from the clinic. There was no waiting to speak of as they checked me and put me in the room as I waited and finally the dock shows up. The thing about the dock in the box he just get the dock of the day and that's cool I don't have a problem that she was great but there always supersensitive to spinal cord injury and what they believe is pertinent to spinal cord injury care. Long story short, I got a tetanus booster and orders to go up to University medical Center tomorrow for burn / wound consult with the burn unit up there. My good friend Kevin works at the burn unit hopefully I'll get to see him tomorrow but a trip up to the University was not in my plans for Friday – – they are now. I could be noncompliant to blow the whole thing off because I think with the medication the nurse put on my wound today and taken it easy for a couple days I'll be just fine but I'm trying to be a better patient these days so tomorrow 3:25 PM I have a appointment with the wound clinic. Tomorrow I was to begin my new cleaning person at 3 PM. Since she's my regular Monday Wednesday Friday home health person I trust or implicit and I'll just leave her with directions on what needs to be done in the apartment in the two hours of contract for tomorrow. Perhaps his best this way anyway since I tend to yammer with whoever the cleaning person is.

Getting colder these days just being out even when the sun shining. Tomorrow should be a good day to travel before the days get cooler even more, it's kind of spooky returning to the University for medical assistance but perhaps It'sbest…

No comments: