Tuesday, October 01, 2019

Apache-Brain Worm



Don't you just hate those brain worms? You know the little bits of information that invade your head for one reason or another and went done/infected it's hard to get it out of your system? I've noticed more and more recently the use of great pieces of music more and more by the advertisement industry in making commercials. And I think it's crazy using all the good music bits and snatches to just tease and and titillate the brains here for the music. It wouldn't be so bad perhaps if they played a good piece of the song or even if they had to identify what the song was but the just render a few bars and then leave the person hanging as to what the piece of music was/is.

It seems to me that blood pressure medications, cardiac arrest medication, insomnia, sleep aids and even probably erectile dysfunction, though I have not heard the music there yet but I can only just imagine what they would use. For me the last couple weeks I was getting a snippet of music a piece that I used to love but I couldn't get enough of the music in the commercial tenant down just what the piece was. The commercial ran during the evening news block it seems to be it was during the national broadcast.

It seems immoral to use some of the music for the capitalistic ventures they hawk But I guess after a piece of music lasts so long in the universal songbook it becomes available for anyone to use I guess. It still feels really clammy to hear good pieces of music being used to represent bad causes. This of course was pretty interesting last presidential go round when one of the Republican type candidates tried to use a 60s icon piece of music that I cannot remember that the performer – – if I remember correctly – – pretty much took his music back but I'm glad that he did. That does not happen often enough. For me like I said every evening during the 5 o'clock news block some commercial would come on and just a few stanzas of this song with intrigue me almost freaked me out and begin to twist inside my head begging to be identified. You know when you just trying to reach out and grab something and it just evades your grasp, you know if you just here a few more bars are stanzas you'd be able to put a name, history and the memory for such a piece. I don't know what it was but for me all the sudden I kind of remembered a steel guitar or electric guitar and instrumental of the 60s. So I came to the identification in a roundabout procedure by remembering instrumental type groups and of course then I found the piece. It's not like I knew the name will actually I didn't know the name but I didn't know the name if you know what I mean. I knew it when I sought written out, the name of the music, or I thought that I did that once I got a list of all the music the group produced I was able to listen to you two versions of each piece of music until I found the one I wanted.

In 1964 I was in junior high, what a great time of life. I took the bus and to school everyday and right next to the school was the Hornets Nest, a great little hamburger joint the kind you don't have any more. Every morning I would stop in the Nest before going to class and get a maple bar in the Cherry Coke and in the background the Ventures would most likely be playing on the jukebox and for a while it seemed every morning at the exact same time a piece by the Ventures was playing called Apache. Turn to describe this piece not quite rock 'n roll not quite Western no vocal just guitars almost ethereal in a western sort of away all you can really say was it was the ventures and you wanderlust after a big asked carburetor musclecar…

No comments: