Sunday, October 06, 2019

My Man Godfrey





Kind of suffering between my home health aide whose just great at volunteering assistance housekeeping on sitting on the toilet and my regular housekeeper, who used to be my home health aide, who was involved in a vehicular accident a week ago and no longer has a vehicle and I think she had some bodily damage as well which she sort kind of refuses to admit to but she's on the bus and she missed Saturday but might come tomorrow. I guess the point that I'm getting to is that the house/apartment is getting out of control kind of so I are spending the sporting picking up here in adjusting their and kind of enjoying my apartment even with its chaos and entropy. When I got rid of the van I had to produce the title which put me into a search frenzy and in that frenzy I opened up the portfolio of my art class and pulled out all the sketches I had done. And of course the sketches of just remained on the chair and then on the floor. I tried not to run over them back and forth in my days of living but I couldn't stand it anymore and this morning I grabbed my longest and best books and scooped the sketches up off the floor And found the place behind the new bookcase we moved in last week. That helped a lot.

I could not help but once again wander through the sketches and remember with fondness all the work I produced this summer in my drawing class. I think I kind a love that class. I mean is kind of pathetic the work that I produced is really primitive even childlike but I can't help but have warm feelings every time I look at my sketches and think like a little kid in the fourth grade “I did that!” I wish I could throw the things away but I can't this point after all the my first renderings from a real art class. Anyway, as I was wandering through the stack it came upon this image Godfrey. Godfrey was an African dude who sat across the class for me and the only reason I ended up drawing him was because the day that we paired up to do portraits he came in late and since all the other kids at paired up I was only one left and he got stuck with me and I got lucky enough to get stuck with him. This is the first and only time I really had communication with Godfrey and it wasn't much but I really enjoyed the time I spent with him during the portrait class. There's no way that this rendering that I did resembles him in any way except for the generic human features as a nose, mouth ears and chin. I doubt that you could look at this image then picking out in class if you had to find who sat for the portrait. But even that portrait of Godfrey is too precious and my pathetic little eyes to toss out not yet anyway. Maybe when I get to drawing more again like a replaceable something a little more acceptable to the eyes…

No comments: