Sunday, October 20, 2019

Cleaver Me This…



One of the weirdest things about breaking up a relationship is the physical things that remain after the split. When I left the house I took what I felt I immediately needed and didn't really think too deeply about secondary items things like I need and use of my everyday life. One of the things I really miss from the relationship of the house was the workstation and gas range that was wheelchair accessible for me. The gas range was a beautiful four burner range which was a joy to cook with. When Dianne had the range put in it even had a water faucet next to the range so a person cooking could just grab the culinary water right there. I also had frying pans especially my iron frying pan you know those big heavy skillets that I guess people use when they cook out of the range/campout. I use my quite a bit for my cooking just about everything I never realized how much I use that frying pan until I didn't have access to it. I kept thinking about replacing that every time I would go to Walmart or Smith superstore or wherever they sell those kind of things. I never picked one up however because I felt they were too big for me lug home. I also had some me cleavers that I picked up a desert industries (if I remember correctly). I've missed these guys to over the months. But now things are changed. I'm so pleased to be in the medication with Dianne is great to have our communication going again. We did/do have some real bonding. Anyway couple weeks ago I got our big 12 inch cast iron frying pan. And today I got the meat cleaver. I've been threatening to make Gar-Brock, that weird dish I created decades ago: garlic, broccoli, onions, sometimes green peppers, the couple tablespoons cottage cheese and sometimes cheddar cheese as well as a couple eggs anyway you mix that all up all yes and the most important component I think our frozen tater tots. Put them all together and makes a great tasty meal in my case it will probably be for a couple of days hopefully. I use the cleaver to prep the vegetables and it was really fun. I'm thinking of doing Frank this afternoon later this evening hopefully my celery is still good I've had so been there for some time, I've defrosted a breast of chicken which I plan to fry up directly so little cool by the time I use it for the Frank and just have a number of meal set for the coming week some things really excite me.

The weather people said it was supposed to rain and storm this afternoon So I plan to stay and then cook. However the clouds of parted the sun is out and there's lots of blue sky and I don't see any rain to speak of. I think I will stick with my plan. And make the Chinese/Frank this afternoon anyway any reason to use a cleaver in the kitchen is good for me.

No comments: