Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Cheap Seat Tuesday



They don't call it Cheap Seat Tuesday but that's what is, Admission is reduced in price from about $6.75 To to five bucks a movie of course are still in to the price of amenities and that is a fortune but it seems acceptable with the lower price of admission. I want to get into the habit of seeing the movies I want to see on Tuesdays as opposed to just knee-jerk going to the movies whenever I feel moved to do so. I know the dollar 75 is not that big a deal but it just seems like a good motivation to have something to do on a Tuesday especially when my regular meetings canceled like it was today.

I thought about the movies all day yesterday and just force myself to not go because I was willing and able but I figured know I wait till tomorrow, Tuesday, for my cheap seat and somehow feel a bit more justified in sit in a dark room (almost entirely by myself) and watching the movie of my choice. I really want to see Ad Astra with Brad Pitt but for some reason it's been knocked off the playlist. I can catch the bus and head into town , I noticed the Ad Astra Is playing at the movie at 33rd in State but I just have not been that motivated for Brad Pitt but maybe beforefor the weeks out.I could really do some research as well and see if they have anything like Cheap Seat Tuesday or maybe it's something called like Senior Sunday. I mean I'm not dumb I know that this is their way to try to fill movie seats that are you by and large fake it these days especially on these days that where being offered discounts. I should be at least a little happy that they don't frisk you too much backpack wise is I bring a lot of contraband. I mean when you can get the same six dollar box of candy for a buck at the dollar store it behooves me to do the dollar candy. I still however purchase the small size popcorn for the same price most often than not the drink (small size equals $6.75 )! However, there is the new movie called Jexi, a piece about artificial intelligence. I can't tell if it's a comedy or if it's techno-horror are maybe comedy/techno: horror but looks entertaining regardless definitely worth five bucks for a Tuesday.

I've been keeping busy the past couple of days pretty much hunkered down in my apartment enjoying the place in my lifestyle of getting up, getting ready for the day and heading out. Working out, trying to drive, and meeting people out in the community and actually doing stuff. I've been doing a lot with my ex-wife Dianne lately which is just been a whole lot of fun. I'm so glad that she's in my life regardless of what capacity. I also have my regular folks that I see during the week whether it's at my volunteer meetings, library bookclub or just good friends by wrangle into taking me to lunch one where the other. The days are getting colder now and I'm finding I don't need a reason to stay inside because I've got one is just too cold to go out. But I still like going out and I do especially for movies which I still believe in. I love my Amazon prime and video, Netflix and just on-demand whatever else I might need. But there's just something about going out to the movies, the smell the popcorn, getting your tickets, getting your treats having a tickets torn finding your seat than just tilting back under the big screen in getting lost in the movie.

That was my plan for today and tell I looked at the calendar – – which I almost never do – – and saw that today there was a presentation by UTA! I cannot believe that this was the presentation I sat up. This is me being Mr. big guy and use in my contacts in the community to bring speaker to our very poorly attended speaking sessions. Of course, the presentation is at 2 PM here at the community room.I can go to the movie and miss the presentation but that's kind of creepy don't you think? After all this presentation my big idea and I'm the big transit guy (in my own mind anyway). So I guess I'll jettison my moviegoing today, unless I do it later which might happen but I doubt it. Might take off a bitterly know I need to do some shopping at the target up in that area. A few things the kitchen I need. It is just weird though when I need to do something Something comes up to block it. It's just my karma I understand that but still frustrating…



No comments: