Friday, January 03, 2020

But It's Just 10 Dollars But It's The Principal…



You know When you wake up and your little disoriented and just trying to place yourself in your universe? That was me this morning. I woke up debating whether or not to use the food bank because of the Saturday that all the sudden I recall that had not seen our work with my health person Friday and realized that today is Friday! What a gift? It was like I've been given 24 hours as if present for just waking up. My reality and shifted back into place everything is crystal.

I was not sure if I was up to the task but my goal today was to make contact with the community college where I audited the art class last summer Senior thing where you can take the class for like $10 or something, really totally worth the output except however unless it's some sort of after bite. Well my after bite started last month when I got a letter which had written in large letters “Demand” spread across the top. It was a document indicating that I owed to college $10 for some reason it didn't say. I tried to contact the college then I got no resolution. Trying to contact them on the phone was almost impossible it seemed and then during the winter holiday season difficult to find anybody to even answer the phone. Then last week I got a similar letter, but this letter identified itself as “Demand Letter 2!”. This was really threatening it did not say outright but suggested heavily that if I didn't pay but they are asking that my financial life would be destroyed. And seriously I have to admit that the charge was $10. I suppose there are other students who have demand letters ranging in the thousands of dollars. My name is just one of many am sure that was fed into the machine.

I don't know if I should be concerned or not but the weather today was beautiful temperatures up in the 40s, sunshine and a definite spring in the air when this should not be one this early in the winter. I caught the bus over to the college and started my process. I started at “Admissions” who sent me to the “Cashier's” office who eventually set me up to the office of “Registrar”. I know this kid was a college student himself probably on work-study. This guy can only enforce what he saw. I don't really fault him but is being just so anal. I was being dinged $10for a class I did not take! Seriously, I didn't enroll in the class in the fall, this fall. But he says there's my name registered for this class is already after the semester and there's nothing he can do. We're having this little back-and-forth and I could just see the whole thing escalating. Truthfully I should just a whipped up my credit card and zip zip pay for the stupid thing but it just seems not right that I have to pay 10 bucks for a problem that there's not mine. Well that issue did not get resolved the kid gave me a paper to fill out and return to see if the college will “hear my request” to dispose of this “Demand”. I stuffed the document into my backpack and left for my apartment. It's the weekend, the first weekend of the new year and somewhere in the next 48 hours I'm been to fill out the stupid document in an effort to waive the $10 to college says I owe them for a class I never registered for. Unbelievable, not that I was planning to take a course this spring. I was kind of thinking about it I mean my OT and PT are so gung ho about me taking any classes I would take a class just to get their admiration AND SILENCE. But I'm getting the sinking sensation that there's a reason committee colleges are community colleges… Buyer beware.

No comments: