Monday, January 06, 2020

Sunshine Came Softly…



Boy did I luck out. A day of sunshine nevermind the fact that the temperatures dropping again, it was nice being out in the sunshine made my day. I don't know why I felt so empowered today but is willing to take some risk that I usually don't do. It's not that I'm frustrated with my CPU that's nonfunctioning which needed to be taken in to the dealer because I have a perfectly good working computer, this laptop. It really does meet all my needs but I felt like I just want to get the big boy taking care of. Mark Anthony has promised to take the CPU in what he can get some time. I don't know when that will be and I need to be as independent as I can be and if I can figure out a way to take this box in I'm going to do it and I did..

With the help of the Home health person , Annette unplugged the computer and set the box on my lap just to see how much the box weighed and could I tolerate the weight on my lap. The weight was inconsequential the box itself is fairly awkward but I could see that I would be out of the able to hold the box as I motored in my chair. This is not ideal so I found one of my long bungee cords and with the help of Anne the social worker from upstairs, we secure the CPU to my power chair and to me and all was good. I was totally surprised how well this whole operation went. The only drawback I had was the CPU block my vision of my feet and try to negotiate this big old power chair on and off of city sidewalks as well as UTA buses was a exercise in faith and the personal conviction that I could do it. I'm waiting now to get the report of how sick my system is. They should fix it however that's one of their big sales points is that you buy one of their computers, which they build, and they supported forever we shall see.

I felt so good about how well this project went I decided I'd go to the big-box store Cosco. And so thankful that I don't have a lot of room to carry stuff on my lap. Means I can only buy so many things and they have to be small but still I never tire of looking at all the stuff that people can buy it just overwhelms me. I felt like I had to purchase something I didn't do anything on twice just because the caloric intake would be hideous. I probably shouldn't have but I did I purchased a pretty good sized jar/model of mixed nuts – – the expensive ones trying to get a wedding or something. These nuts are risky business when it comes to losing weight I shall just have to be judicious. I even got a cute little box from the box been to carry my nuts home in. The nuts cost 15 bucks. When I got the check out surrendered my card I was informed that my card had expired and they just want to add the cost of the new year onto my purchase? What could I say? The shopping trip cost about 80 bucks I'm good for year. Sunshine and American opulence what better way to start the week?

No comments: